9 Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress 2023
You can easily create custom posts, custom fields, taxonomies, and custom meta boxes. These can be made more accessible with the powerful Custom Post Types plugin for WordPress, which is essential for any website designer or developer. Every day, people want their website to look different and unique by designs and functionality.
Many professions exist in today’s world. A different kind of website is needed for each of them. However, it’s not possible for WordPress to individually build website themes and templates for them. But each one needs a separate post and content. To individually customize a website, a custom fields plugin is required. It receives input data from the user who visits the website.
This plugin is necessary to develop websites such as real estate listings, online directory sites, free classified ads, or custom post type WooCommerce Products for eCommerce websites. These plugins are necessary if you are a beginner and want to customize your website without knowing PHP and also if you are a professional developer. For experienced developers, it will reduce your workload and save time while creating a meta box.
You may also be interested in Grid Plugins, Landing Page Plugins, Email Marketing services.
So let’s have the list of best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress, which help users customize their WordPress site’s content and post as follows:
- Meta Box
- Toolset Types
- Post Type Builder
- Custom Post Type UI
- Custom Field Suite
- Custom Post Type Maker
- Comparison Between Meta Box Vs. Toolset Types Vs. Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF) Vs. Pods Vs. WCK
1. Meta Box
Meta Box is the most potent Custom Post Types Plugin for WordPress, which helps users customize their website. It is a professional toolkit for developers, which lets them create and handle everything related to custom fields and custom meta boxes for WordPress. There are many field types and many options for all of them.
Meta Box is a feature-packed custom fields plugin and framework that lets you create unlimited custom fields in minutes. You don’t need to go through complex coding to manage the custom data of custom posts types available on your website. Let you manage and organize the custom field to enhance its appearance on WordPress. Insert custom fields anywhere you need to customize the data, including posts, pages, taxonomies, custom post types, user profile pages, and more. Meta Box is a lightweight and well-coded solution that eases the task of developers. All you need to do is select the suitable option, then get access to the automatically generated code. Copy and paste such code to your website, and the custom field becomes active promptly.
Core Features –
- Generate codes online and save the same for future use to insert a similar custom field.
- Place your custom fields anywhere with the drag and drop option.
- Highly customizable, where you configure various field types and field settings however you require.
- Provides cloning fields where you can reuse such areas whenever you need them, with infinite custom options.
- Select when and where to show or hide meta boxes.
- It supports multiple sites and works smoothly with any theme.
Total number of users – 400,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
Pricing – Depends upon extension or 349$ Complete Bundle For Life Time OR else 179 for Developers or 79$ CORE BUNDLE.
2. Toolset Types
Toolset Types is a Paid Custom Post Types plugin for WordPress, which has a convenient dashboard that helps users create a custom field, custom post types, and custom taxonomies from a standard interface. Different field types can be added to other user profiles. The visitors can edit and view all the fields and customize them using this plugin. The taxonomies can be associated with custom post types.
The Toolset is a lightweight and easy-to-use custom fields plugin for creating and managing custom post-type functionality so well. At this moment, you can easily create custom post types even without any PHP coding. This provides a better chance for beginners and developers while saving time with its effortless configuration. Such a feature-enriched plugin that supports multi-site and existing themes. Toolset lets you insert advanced features on your website to make it more accessible, like building a post-relationship. Create extensive templates, searches, and archives for your custom post types with Toolset Blocks in minutes.
Essential Features –
- Create and manage custom grids, tables, and lists to display your desired content.
- Let you insert sliders, front-end forms, maps, and custom searches on your website.
- Provide Toolset Blocks that let you create blocks using Gutenberg editor, along with dynamic content.
- Create a post-relationship to connect related posts that become easy to manage.
- It was integrated well with popular extensions like WooCommerce, Elementor, and WPML.
Total number of users – 200,000+
Pricing – Presentation $69, Interactive $149, Agency $299 for one year update and support
Rating – 4.2/5
ACPT is a nicely integrated Advance Custom Post Type Plugin where you build a robust website in minutes. Even without complex coding, manage and create custom post types easily. Just enhance the appearance of your WordPress websites with a well-versed custom post types framework. ACPT lets you control everything about custom post types, from creating a custom field to importing or exporting data. The drag and drop interface enables you to act conveniently while managing custom post types of available posts on the website.
Integrated Features –
- Create and register a new custom post type and taxonomies in minutes.
- Create posts meta box fields with available field types.
- Tackles the relationship of various posts types in the field manager directly.
- Advanced HTML Builder enables you to generate custom post-type archives and pages from scratch with custom templates.
- Let you generate custom shortcodes while using the WordPress Gutenberg editor.
- Parent/child relationships can be defined between post types. A one-to-many and many-to-one connection can be set up, along with setting up a robust website.
- The plugin is multilingual and WPML compatible.
- Both free and paid versions are available.
Total number of users – 10+
Price – Basic – $49.99/annually (1 Site), Professional – $69.99/annually (5 Site), Agency – $99.99/annually (Unlimited)
4. Custom Post Types and Custom Fields creator – WCK
WordPress Creation Kit helps users create and maintain custom taxonomies, custom post types, and custom fields and meta boxes for pages, posts, and custom post types with ease. It has three tools to achieve this. The WCK Custom Fields Creator is a freemium custom fields creator plugin that allows users to set up custom meta boxes with custom fields for posts, pages, and post types. WCK Custom Post Type Creator helps them create custom post types and WCK Custom Taxonomies Creator for creating and editing custom taxonomies.
- All the data is handled by Ajax and saved as post meta.
- Repeater Fields and Repeater Groups of custom fields are supported by WCK with the Drag and Drop sorting method.
- WordPress Media uploader helps upload images and files.
- Advanced Labeling Options are also available.
- Both the Free and Premium versions are available.
- It can integrate the controls over custom fields displayed for different post types.
- Custom fields are available for content and users, and an integrated dashboard can control everything.
Pricing – Hobbyist Version – $49 (1 site support), PRO Version – $139 (for unlimited sites)
Total number of users – 20,000+
Rating – 4.8/5
5. Post Type Builder
Post Type Builder is an easy-to-use WordPress custom post types plugin for creating custom post types, post type templates, and taxonomies on your website. Everything is done seamlessly with an intuitive drag and drop interface provided by the WordPress admin back end. The template smartly loads only the associated modules created in the meta box. The front end then renders the layout as directed by the template.
- The interface is intuitive and features a drag and drop attribute.
- Create any custom post type without any type of coding.
- It is integrated with WPML, through which multilingual custom post types can be created.
- Associated post types, templates, and taxonomies can be imported/exported together or separately.
- The interface is user-friendly, with drag and drop functionality.
- Meta boxes can also be built for user meta, term meta, and settings page and can be displayed with groups, columns, and tabs.
- It is also compatible with WPML multilingual plugin.
- Post Type Builder supports significant themes and plugins.
- Post Type Builder also supports Custom Fields type for WooCommerce Products in eCommerce websites.
Pricing – 29$ Without Addons / 50$ With Addons
6. Custom Post Type UI
A user-friendly interface for managing and registering custom post types and taxonomies is Custom Post Type UI. The extended version of this free custom post types plugin for WordPress was also created to display the data gleaned from custom post types with detailed UI. This plugin was officially developed on GitHub. It provides many post types and is a straightforward yet powerful plugin. Custom Post Type UI supports many post editor features.
- Assign the post types with an advanced labeling tag.
- Attach the post types with both built-in and custom taxonomies.
- Easy configuration of custom taxonomies and custom post types.
- A robust admin UI for management.
- Allows transferring settings between sites.
Pricing – Both Free and Paid versions of the plugin are available. The extended version pricing starts at Single – $29, 2-5 Sites – $49.00, Unlimited – $84.00
Total number of users – 400,000+
Rating – 4.7/5
Pods plugin helps the user manage all the custom content needs in one location, even with extreme complexities. This free custom fields plugin can create custom post types, taxonomies, and fields. Custom content can be readily displayed using shortcodes and widgets.
Connections can be created between content to help organize it logically and helpfully with the related fields. Skills can be developed, and content can be managed beyond standard WordPress posts and pages.
Create and manage fields for media uploads. Additional context and uploads can also be easily added. Tightly integrated modules can also be used for Builder in layout.
- The interface is user-friendly and contemporary.
- Pods provide front-end sorting controls.
- Classified sites, membership sites, directory sites can be created along with eCommerce sites.
- Custom templates for posts & custom templates for archives are available.
- The plugin is multilingual and integrates with Polylang, WPML, etc.
Total number of users – 60,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
8. Custom Field Suite
Custom Fields Suite is a lightweight, tested, and advanced custom fields and custom post type plugin that helps users add custom fields to posts. This is not a free plugin. The user first needs to browse to the “Fields Group” admin menu to use it.
There are many field types, such as text, text area, date, colour, file upload, relationship, loop, hyperlink, tab., etc.
- Custom Field Suite offers 14 field types.
- Create a field group using multiple custom fields.
- The placement Rules box helps you choose the Field Group location.
- You can display the custom file using the get method in the template file.
- The plugin is free.
Total number of users – 40,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
9. Custom Post Type Maker
Custom Post Type Maker is a Free WordPress custom post types plugin with an easy-to-use interface and is friendly for non-developers. You can build any type of website, as there is no need for coding.
You can easily create custom post types, meta boxes, taxonomies, and custom fields using this custom fields plugin. This plugin automatically creates theme templates files for taxonomies and post types. You can easily export the code for the custom post. Create and choose any different post types from the predefined ones.
- The interface is straightforward to use.
- You can display the custom post types anywhere within the website using shortcodes.
- Drag and drop filed organizer is available with the plugin.
- Meta boxes and custom fields for these boxes can be created and edited too.
Comparison Between Meta Box Vs. Toolset Types Vs. Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF) Vs. Pods Vs. WCK
|Plugin||Toolset||Meta Box||ACF PRO||Pods||WCK|
|Management thru Admin UI|
|Custom Settings Pages|
|Drag and drop your custom fields|
|Post Fields Available|
|User Fields Available|
|Taxonomy Fields Available|
|Advanced Fields Types|
|Site Building Capability|
|Beaver Themer field|
|Front-end Form Management|
|Front-end post publish|
|Payment Facility with forms|
|Custom Notification Facility|
|Custom List Post, taxonomy, users|
|Taxonomy based filtration|
|User-based Role management|
|Show or Hide Meta|
|Custom Comments Fields|
|Automatic UpdateGoogle Maps Geocoding API|
|Support||Support Forums, Documentation||FAQs, Documentation, Toll-Free||FAQ, Discussion Forums, Expert advice, Support Ticket||Documentation, Forum||Support Tickets, Documentation|
|Free Trial||(for 30 days)||(for 30 days)||(for 30 days)||(for 14 days)|
|Money-back guarantee||(within 30 days of purchase)||(within 14 days of purchase)||(under many T&C)||NA||(within 15 days of purchasing)|
|Pricing||Presentation Plan -$69 Interactive Plan -$149, Agency Plan -$299 (one year update and support)||Core Bundle -$79 (12 pro extensions) Developer Bundle -$149 (all pro extensions) Lifetime Bundle -$349(all pro extensions) (one year support and update)||Personal Plan – AUD 25 (1 site lifetime updates) Developer Plan – AUD 100 (Unlimited Sites lifetime updates) Single time payment||Free||Hobbyist Version – $49 (1 site support), PRO Version – $139 (for unlimited sites)|
Conclusion – Still confused about which is the best WordPress custom fields plugin for you? Don’t worry, my friend, I will give you correct guidance over this selection. If you are a beginner and want to make minor customizations, I ask you to go for Toolset Types. Even Toolset is recommended for experts who wish to finish their work within minutes instead of spending hours. But if you know at least some PHP and want to build something unique, then Metabox WordPress Custom Fields Plugin is highly recommended. Metabox also supports custom post types for eCommerce products. They have 30+ add-ons to make your work easier. And if you’re looking for a simple, easy one with more Custom Fields, then we recommend you choose WCK
Very well written article. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks For Sharing !