8 Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress 2021
Are you looking for Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress? Custom Post Types WordPress Plugins are really important for any website designer or developer. Using these plugins you can easily create custom posts and custom Taxonomies and Custom Fields. Because Everyday people want their website to look different and amazing by designs as well as with functionality.
Many different professions exist in today’s world. A separate kind of website is needed for each of them. Though it is not possible for WordPress to individually build website themes and templates for them. But each one of them needs a separate post and content. To individually customize a website, a custom fields plugin is required. It receives input data from the user who visits the website.
For developing websites such as real estate listings, online directory sites, free classified ads, or custom post type woocommerce Products for eCommerce websites then this plugin is necessary. These Plugins are necessary if you are a beginner and wants to customize your website without knowing PHP and also if you are a professional developer. For professional developers, it will reduce your workload and save time while creating a meta box.
So let’s have the list of top Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress which help the users to customize their WordPress site’s content and post are as follows:
- Meta Box
- Toolset Types
- Post Type Builder
- Custom Post Type UI
- Custom Field Suite
- Custom Post Type Maker
- Comparison Between Meta Box Vs Toolset Types Vs Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF) Vs Pods Vs WCK
1. Meta Box ( Advance level used By Developers )
Meta Box is one of the Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress which is custom fields plugin and framework which helps the users to customize their website. It is a professional toolkit for developers which lets them create and handle everything related to custom fields and custom meta boxes for WordPress. There are a wide range of field types as well as a lot of options for all of them.
- The interface is user-friendly with drag and drops functionality.
- Meta boxes can be built for user meta, term meta and settings page as well and can be displayed with groups, columns and tabs.
- It is also compatible with WPML multilingual plugin.
- Meta Box supports major themes and plugins.
- MetaBox also supports Custom Fields type for WooCommerce Product in eCommerce website.
Total number of users – 400,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
Pricing – Depends upon extension or 349$ Complete Bundle For Life Time OR else 179 for Developers Or 79$ CORE BUNDLE
2. Toolset Types
Toolset Types is one of the Best Custom Post Types WordPress plugins which has a convenient dashboard that helps the users to create a custom field, custom post types and custom taxonomies all from a common interface. Different field types can be added to different user profiles. The visitors can edit and view all the fields, and even customize these using this plugin. The taxonomies can be associated with custom post types.
- It can integrate the controls over custom fields display for different post types.
- Custom fields are available both for content and users and everything can be controlled by an integrated dashboard.
- Parent/child relationships can be defined between post types. A one-to-many and many-to-one relationship can be set up along with setting up a robust website.
- The plugin is multilingual and WPML compatible.
- Both free and paid versions are available.
Total number of users – 200,000+
Pricing -- Presentation $69, Interactive $149, Agency $299 for one year update and support
Rating – 4.2/5
3. Custom Post Types and Custom Fields creator – WCK
WordPress Creation Kit helps the users to create and maintain custom taxonomies, custom post types and custom fields and meta boxes for pages, posts and custom post types with ease.
It has three tools to achieve this. The first one is WCK Custom Fields Creator which gives the user an interface for setting up custom meta boxes with custom fields for posts, pages and custom post types. WCK Custom Post Type Creator helps them to create custom post types and WCK Custom Taxonomies Creator for creating and editing custom taxonomies.
- All the data is handled by Ajax and saved as post meta.
- Repeater Fields and Repeater Groups of custom fields are supported by WCK with Drag and Drop sorting method.
- WordPress Media uploader helps to upload images and files.
- Advanced Labeling Options is also available.
- Both Free and Premium version is available.
Pricing – Hobbyist Version – $49 (1 site support), PRO Version – $139 (for unlimited sites)
Total number of users – 20,000+
Rating – 4.8/5
4. Post Type Builder WordPress Plugin (Specially Designed For Beginners )
For creating custom post types, post type templates and taxonomies, the Post Type Builder plugin is an ‘all-in-one WordPress plugin. With an intuitive drag and drop interface provided by the WordPress admin back end, everything is done seamlessly. Only the associated modules are smartly loaded by the template which is created in the meta box. The layout is then rendered by the front end as directed by the template.
- The interface is intuitive and features a drag and drop attribute.
- Create any custom post type without any type of coding.
- It is integrated with WPML through which multilingual custom post types can be created.
- Associated post types, templates and taxonomies can be imported/exported together or separately.
Pricing – 29$ Without Addons / 50$ With Addons
5. Custom Post Type UI
A user-friendly interface for managing and registering custom post types and taxonomies for the website is Custom Post Type UI. The extended version of this plugin has also been created to display the data gleaned from custom post types with detailed UI. T
his plugin was officially developed on GitHub. It provides many post types and is a very simple yet powerful plugin to use.
Custom Post Type UI supports many post editor features.
- Assign the post types with an advanced labelling tag.
- Attach the post Types with both built-in and custom taxonomies.
- Easy Configuration of custom taxonomies and custom post types.
- A robust admin UI for management.
- Allows transferring settings between sites.
Pricing – Both Free and Paid versions of the plugin are available. The extended version pricing starts at Single – $29, 2-5 Sites – $49.00, Unlimited – $84.00
Total number of users – 400,000+
Rating – 4.7/5
Pods plugin helps the user to manage all the custom content needs in one location even with extreme complexities. Custom post types, taxonomies and fields can be created using this plugin. Custom content can be easily displayed using shortcodes and widgets.
Connections can be created between content to help organize it in a logical and useful way with the related fields. Skills can be developed and content can be managed beyond standard WordPress posts and pages.
Create and Manage fields for media uploads. Additional context and uploads can also be easily added to it. Tightly integrated modules can also be used for Builder in layout.
- The interface is user-friendly and contemporary.
- Front-end sorting controls is provided by Pods.
- Classified sites, membership sites and directory sites can be created along with eCommerce sites.
- Custom templates for posts & Custom templates for archives are available.
- The plugin is multilingual and integrates with Polylang, WPML etc.
Total number of users – 60,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
7. Custom Field Suite
Custom Fields Suite is a lightweight and tested plugin that helps users to add custom fields to posts. This is not a free plugin. To use it the user first needs to browse to the “Fields Group” admin menu.
There are many field types such as text, text area, date, colour, file upload, relationship, loop, hyperlink, tab. etc.
- Custom Field Suite offers 14 field types.
- Create a field Group using multiple custom fields.
- The placement Rules box helps you choose the Field Group location.
- You can display the custom file using the get method in the template file.
- The plugin is free.
Total number of users – 40,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
8. Custom Post Type Maker
Custom Post Type Maker Plugin has an easy to use interface and is friendly for non-developers as well. You can build any type of website can be as there is no need for coding.
Using this plugin, you can easily create custom post types, meta boxes, custom taxonomies and custom fields. It automatically creates theme templates files by this plugin for taxonomies and post types. You can easily export the code for the custom post. Create and choose any different post types from the predefined ones.
- The interface is extremely easy to use.
- You can display the custom post types anywhere within the website using shortcodes.
- Drag and drop filed organizer is available with the plugin.
- Meta boxes and custom fields for these boxes can be created and edited too.
Comparison Between Meta Box Vs Toolset Types Vs Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF) Vs Pods Vs WCK
|Plugin||Toolset||Meta Box||ACF PRO||Pods||WCK|
|Management thru Admin UI|
|Custom Settings Pages|
|Drag and drop your custom fields|
|Post Fields Available|
|User Fields Available|
|Taxonomy Fields Available|
|Advanced Fields Types|
|Site Building Capability|
|Beaver Themer field|
|Front-end Form Management|
|Front-end post publish|
|Payment Facility with forms|
|Custom Notification Facility|
|Custom List Post, taxonomy, users|
|Taxonomy based filtration|
|User-based Role management|
|Show or Hide Meta|
|Custom Comments Fields|
|Automatic UpdateGoogle Maps Geocoding API|
|Support||Support Forums, Documentation||FAQs, Documentation, Toll-Free||FAQ, Discussion Forums, Expert advice, Support Ticket||Documentation, Forum||Support Tickets, Documentation|
|Free Trial||(for 30 days)||(for 30 days)||(for 30 days)||(for 14 days)|
|Money-back guarantee||(within 30 days of purchase)||(within 14 days of purchase)||(under many T&C)||NA||(within 15 days of purchasing)|
|Pricing||Presentation Plan -$69 Interactive Plan -$149, Agency Plan -$299 (one year update and support)||Core Bundle -$79 (12 pro extensions) Developer Bundle -$149 (all pro extensions) Lifetime Bundle -$349(all pro extensions) (one year support and update)||Personal Plan – $25 AUD (1 site lifetime updates) Developer Plan – $100 AUD (Unlimited Sites lifetime updates) Single time payment||Free||Hobbyist Version – $49 (1 site support), PRO Version – $139 (for unlimited sites)|
Conclusion – Still confused about which is the Best custom fields Plugins for WordPress? Don’t worry my friend I will give you correct guidance over this selection. If you are a beginner and want to make small customization then I will request you to go for Toolset Types. Even toolset is recommended for Developers who are experts and want to finish their work within minutes instead of spending hours. But if you know at least some PHP and wants to build something amazing then Metabox Plugin are highly recommended. Metabox also supports custom post types for woocommerce Products. They have 30+ add-ons to make you’re easier and easier. And if you looking for a simple, easy one with more Custom Fields then we recommend you to choose WCK