8 Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress 2020
Are you looking for Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress ? Custom Post types plugins are really important for any website designer or developers . Using these plugins you can easily create custom post and custom Taxonomies and Custom Fields . Because Everyday people want their website to look different and amazing by designs as well as with functionality .
Many different professions exist in today’s world. A separate kind of website is needed for each of them. Though it is not possible for WordPress to individually build website theme and template for them. But each one of them need a separate post and content. To individually customize a website, a custom fields plugin is required. It receives an input data from the user who visits the website.
For developing websites such as real estate listings, online directory site, free classified ads, or custom post type woocommerce Product for Ecommerce website then this plugin is absolutely necessary. These Plugins are necessary if you are a beginner and wants to customize your website without knowing PHP and also if you are a professional developer. For professional developers it will reduce your work load and save time while creating metabox .
So Lets have the list of top Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress which help the users to customize their WordPress site’s content and post are as follows .
- Meta Box
- Toolset Types
- Post Type Builder
- Custom Post Type UI
- Custom Field Suite
- Custom Post Type Maker
- Comparison Between Meta Box Vs Toolset Types Vs Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF) Vs Pods Vs WCK
1. Meta Box ( Advance level used By Developers )
Meta Box is one of the Best Custom Post Types Plugins for WordPress which is custom fields plugin and framework which helps the users to customize their website. It is a professional toolkit for developers which lets them create and handle everything related to custom fields and custom meta boxes for WordPress. There are a wide range of field types as well as a lot of options for all of them.
- The interface is user-friendly with drag and drop functionality.
- Meta boxes can be built for user meta, term meta and settings page as well and can be displayed with groups, columns and tabs.
- It is also compatible with WPML multilingual plugin.
- Meta Box supports major themes and plugins.
- MetaBox also supports Custom Fields type for WooCommerce Product in eCommerce website .
Total number of user – 400,000+
Rating – 4.9/5
Pricing – Depends upon extension or 349$ Complete Bundle For Life Time OR else 179 for Developers Or 79$ CORE BUNDLEFree Meta Box Demo Meta Box Buy
2. Toolset Types
Toolset Types is one the top custom fields WordPress plugin which has a convenient dashboard which helps the users to create custom field, custom post types and custom taxonomies all from a common interface. Different field types can be added to different user profiles. The visitors can edit and view all the fields , and even customize these using this plugin. The taxonomies can be associated with custom post types.
- Controls can be integrated over custom fields display for different post types.
- Custom fields are available both for content and users and everything can be controlled by an integrated dashboard.
- Parent/child relationship can be defined between post types. One-to-many and many-to-one relationship can be setup along-with setting up a robust website.
- The plugin is multilingual and WPML compatible.
- Both free and paid versions are available.
- Pricing -- Presentation $69 , Interactive $149 , Agency $299 for one year update and support
Total number of user – 200,000+
Rating – 4.2/5Toolset Types Premium
3. Custom Post Types and Custom Fields creator – WCK
WordPress Creation Kit helps the users to create and maintain custom taxonomies, custom post types and custom fields and metaboxes for pages, posts and custom post types with ease.
It has three tools to achieve this. The first one is WCK Custom Fields Creator which gives the user an interface to for setting up custom meta boxes with custom fields for posts, pages and custom post types. WCK Custom Post Type Creator helps them to create custom post types and WCK Custom Taxonomies Creator for creating and editing custom taxonomies.
- All the data is handled by Ajax and saved as postmeta.
- Repeater Fields and Repeater Groups of custom fields are supported by WCK with Drag and Drop sorting method.
- WordPress Media uploader helps to upload image and files.
- Advanced Labeling Options is also available.
- Both Free and Premium version is available.
- Pricing – Hobbyist Version – $49 (1 site support), PRO Version – $139 (for unlimited sites)
Total number of user – 20,000+
Rating – 4.8/5Free WCK Pro
4. Post Type Builder WordPress Plugin ( Especially Designed For Beginners )
For creating custom post types, post type templates and taxonomies, Post Type Builder plugin is an ‘all-in-one’ WordPress plugin. With an intuitive drag and drop interface provided by the WordPress admin back end, everything is done seamlessly. Only the associated modules are smartly loaded by the template which are created in the meta box. The layout is then rendered by the front end as directed by the template.
- The interface is intuitive and features a drag and drop attribute.
- Any custom post type can be created without any type of coding.
- It is integrated with WPML through which multilingual custom post types can be created.
- Associated post types, templates and taxonomies can be imported/exported together or separately.
- Pricing – 29$ Without Addons / 50$ With Addons
5. Custom Post Type UI
A user-friendly interface for managing and registering custom post types and taxonomies for the website is Custom Post Type UI. The extended version of this plugin has also been created to display the data gleaned from custom post types with detailed UI. T
his plugin was officially developed on GitHub. It provides many post types and is a very simple yet powerful plugin to use.
Many post editor features are also supported by Custom Post Type UI.
- Post Types can be assigned with advanced labeling tag.
- Post Types can be attached with both built-in and custom taxonomies.
- Easy Configuration of custom taxonomies and custom post types.
- A robust admin UI for management.
- Allows to transfer setting between sites.
- Pricing – Both Free and Paid versions of the plugin are available. The extended version pricing starts at Single – $29, 2-5 Sites – $49.00 , Unlimited – $84.00
Total number of user – 400,000+
Rating – 4.7/5Free
Pods plugin helps the user to manage all the custom content needs in one location even with extreme complexities. Custom post types, taxonomies and fields can be created using this plugin.Custom content can be easily displayed using shortcodes and widgets.
Connections can be created between content to help organize it in a logical and useful way with the relationship fields. Skills can be developed and content can be managed beyond standard WordPress posts and pages.
Fields can also be created and managed for media uploads. Additional context and uploads can also be easily added to it. Tightly integrated modules can also be used for Builder in layout.
- The interface is user-friendly and contemporary.
- Front-end sorting controls is provided by Pods.
- Classified sites, membership site and directory site can be created along with eCommerce site.
- Custom templates for posts & Custom templates for archives are available.
- The plugin is multilingual and integrates with Polylang, WPML etc.
Total number of user – 60,000+
Rating – 4.9/5Free
7. Custom Field Suite
Custom Fields Suite is a lightweight and a tested plugin which helps the users to add custom fields to posts. This is not a free plugin. To use it the user first needs to browse to the “Fields Group” admin menu.
There are many field types such as text, textarea, date, color, file upload, relationship, loop, hyperlink, tab.etc.
- Custom Field Suite offers 14 field types.
- Field Group can be created using multiple custom fields.
- Placement Rules box helps you choose the Field Group location.
- The custom file cab be displayed using the get method in the template file.
- The plugin is free.
Total number of user – 40,000+
Rating – 4.9/5Free
8. Custom Post Type Maker
Custom Post Type Maker Plugin has an easy to use interface and is friendly for non developers as well. Any type of website can be easily built as there is no need of coding.
Custom post types, meta boxes, custom taxonomies and custom fields can be created and edited using this plugin. Theme templates files can be automatically created by this plugin for taxonomies and post types. The code created for custom post types can be easily exported. Many different post types can be created and also chosen from the predefined ones.
- The interface is extremely easy to use.
- The custom post types can be displayed anywhere within the website using shortcodes.
- A drag and drop filed organizer is available with the plugin.
- Meta boxes and custom fields for these boxes can be created and edited too.
Comparison Between Meta Box Vs Toolset Types Vs Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF) Vs Pods Vs WCK
- Custom Fields
- Management thru Admin UI
- Custom Settings Pages
- Drag and drop your custom fields
- Post Fields Available
- User Fields Available
- Taxonomy Fields Available
- Advanced Fields Types
- Site Building Capability
- Subscription Support
- Directory, Classifieds
- Elementor Support
- Beaver Themer field
- Front-end Form Management
- User Registration
- User Editing
- Front-end post publish
- Post Editing
- Payment Facility with forms
- Custom Notification Facility
- Custom List Post, taxonomy, users
- Field based filteration
- Taxonomy based filteration
- Text Limiter
- User based Role management
- Show or Hide Meta
- Front-end search
- Front-end filter
- Custom Comments Fields
- Automatic UpdateGoogle Maps Geocoding API
- Buyer's Query
- Free Trial
- Money back guarantee
- Support Forums, Documentation
- (for 30 days)
- (within 30 days of purchase)
- Presentation Plan -$69 Interactive Plan -$149, Agency Plan -$299 (one year update and support)
- FAQs, Documentation, Toll Free,
- (for 30 days)
- (within 14 days of purchasing)
- Core Bundle -$79 (12 pro extensions) Developer Bundle -$149 (all pro extensions) Lifetime Bundle -$349(all pro extensions) (one year support and update)
- FAQ, Discussion Forums,Expert advice, Support Ticket.
- (under many T&C)
- Personal Plan - $25 AUD (1 site lifetime updates) Developer Plan - $100 AUD (Unlimited Sites lifetime updates) Single time payment
- Documentation, Forum
- (30 days)
- Support Tickets, Documentation
- (for 14 days)
- Within 15 days
- Hobbyist Version – $49 (1 site support), PRO Version – $139 (for unlimited sites)
Conclusion – Still confused which is Best custom fields Plugins for WordPress ? Don’t worry my friend i will give you correct guidance over this selection . If you are a beginners and want’s to make small customization then i will request you to go for Toolset Types . Even toolset is recommended for Developers who are experts and want to finished their work within minutes instead of spending hours . But if you know atleast some PHP and really wants to built somethings amazing then metabox Plugin are highly recommended. Metabox also supports custom post type for woocommerce Product . They have 30+ addons to make your more and more easier . And if you looking for simple , easy with more Custom Fields then we recommand you to choose WCK