8 Best WordPress Translation Plugins 2023 Make your Website Multilingual
Worried about how to translate your website language to support all international visitors? Don’t worry many WordPress Translation Plugins in the market will help you make your website multilingual.
These WordPress multilingual plugins support three forms you can either Self-translation, Machine translation or Human translation. Those days were old when we were hiring people to convert our languages into another language for that professional translation service they charge 1000’s of dollars. But now you can do these works in a few clicks. You also have the option you want to go with manual or Automatic Translation.
Why Translating a blog or eCommerce website into another language is important?
- SEO – Trust me, Google prefers the people who provide their content into the local language for that particular search result region.
- Conversion increase – I will talk to him casually whenever I meet anyone who can speak my native language. We provide each other with a better understanding, which will result in a better conversion rate.
You may also be interested in Email marketing, Fomo Plugins and landing page tools.
So let’s have the list of top WordPress Multilingual Plugins are as follows:
Table Of Content
- Weglot Translate
- Loco Translate
- Translate WordPress with GTranslate
- Google Website Translator
Comparison between WPML vs Weglot vs Polylang Vs Loco
WPML is a nicely integrated WordPress plugin for translating the website into other languages, either wholly or partly. WPML, i.e. WordPress Multi-Lingual, lets you instantly convert your website into any different language. WordPress Multilingual Plugin, popularly known as WPML, is a well-known player in the translation plugins niche. One-click integration enables you easily configure and get initiated. Although, WPML provides you with smooth compatibility with other existing themes and plugins. Serve your complete website into another language within perfect timing, even without coding. Let you customize the look and feel of the website while accessing the website into different translated languages in the way you want to display your audience.
Integrated with compelling features mentioned below, which assists your website in growing –
- Translate Anything – Let you an instant translation of custom types, posts, pages, taxonomy, menu, and text that showed on the theme.
- Reliable and Secure – Provides you advanced security along with reliable aspects that undergo for test before placing it on the website. Provides updates after testing any version with various themes and plugins as well.
- SEO-Friendly – Access you better search engine optimization that lets you configure meta-boxes information and links in different available translations.
- Easy integration with eCommerce solutions to create a store with multilingual support, carts, confirmation emails, checkouts etc
- Professional services can be easily activated with WPML, such as Translate by Humans and iCanLocalize.
Price – Blog – $29/annually (1 Site), CMS – $79/annually (3 Site), Agency – $159/annually (Unlimited Site)
2. Weglot Translate
WeGlot is an extraordinarily flexible and user-friendly Automatic WordPress translation plugin trusted by e-commerce, corporate websites, landing pages, SaaS, and blogs. The translations done by WeGlot are optimized for Search Engines and have proper Google indexation. WeGlot’s interface is one of the most preferred ones, and let’s see why?
Weglot is designed intuitively with unique features that let you translate your WordPress site so quickly. Such a lightweight plugin for translation and the availability of more than 110 languages. Boost the engagement ratio of the audience on your website by availing its content in different regional languages. Perform translating tasks so efficiently without any coding. Facilitate your visitors from the other geographical areas by helping the entire website in that language, whichever they prefer, just with a click. SEO-friendly attributes assist your translated website to keep it indexed on Google. Weglot lets you translate the entire website in-context without redirecting your visitors elsewhere. Translate every content and element available on the site for a better user experience. Serve the content of the website to your audience just in a minute.
Essential Features –
- Easy Configuration – Let you easily configure your website and ready it for being multilingual in just a few clicks.
- Enriched Compatibility – Compatible very well with different themes and plugins on the website.
- Access Automatically – Fetch the website’s content automatically, which requires translation. There is no need to translate such content manually, which saves time.
- SEO-friendly – Enable greater reachability by configuring the visibility of the URL of the site and making it indexed on Google search.
- Instant Translation – Enable your visitors to select the language in which they prefer to continue on the site.
- WeGlot can translate more than 60 languages.
- This Plugin Translation API helps auto-detection of the content to be translated and translated.
- WeGlot supports all WP Plugins and themes.
- The tool is compatible with WooCommerce and helps build up your store.
Total number of users – 40,000+
Price – Starter – €99/annually (1 Site), Business – €190/annually (3 Site), Pro – €490/annually (5 Site), Advanced – €1990/annually (10 Site), Enterprise – Starting At €4990
Core Features –
- Simply configured in a few minutes, even without any coding.
- Reliable language switcher that any third party won’t access.
- Let you translate perfectly similar to appropriate HTML/JS and instantly serve your audience in whatever language they prefer.
- SEO-friendly translation where it automatically translates title, description, and keywords to make it reachable on different search engines without affecting its ranking.
- Fully customizable and lets you modify the look and feel accordingly.
- Compatible with existing themes and plugins thereon.
- Fully responsive on any device that lets your users switch language anywhere and anytime.
Price – Starter – $5/Monthly (10k Page 1 Language), Business – $15/Monthly (50k Page 3 Language), Pro – $50/Monthly (100k Page 5 Language)
Free Plan – 1 translated language, 2,500 monthly page views, 2,500 translated words,
TranslatePress is an effective WordPress Translation Extension that enables you to directly translate the website into different selected languages on the frontend. Designed so well for effectively carrying out translation functionality and serving your visitors with greater conversion possibilities. Compatible with different themes and extensions that already exist thereon. TranslatePress is a feature-packed extension that allows visitors to see the available content of the site in other configured languages within a click.
Core Features –
- Let you display your website in one default language and another selected language as a translation that instantly accesses everything after clicking.
- Decide whether you want to display the switch language option in English or its native form.
- Real-time visibility of the translated website also can be edited if necessary.
- Provides graphic translation that facilitates your audience to see images and other media in the selected translated version.
- Either translate manually or automatically anything on the site within configuring for which one you prefer.
- It is nicely integrated with Google Translate, which automatically serves your translated website with your own Google API Key.
- With shortcodes, you can place the language switcher wherever you feel necessary.
Total number of users – 100,000+
Price – Pro – $9/annually (1 Site), Premium – $99/annually (Unlimited)
Polylang is another best Free translation plugin that is an old player of the Multilingual Plugin kin with a minimalistic approach. It lets you create a different post for each language that can be connected later – this feature is very similar to WPML. Another feature identical to WPML is generic string translations – title, date, menus, categories, or other global displays.
- Translations can be done manually or via language packs. However, with the help of addons like Lingotek Translation, Professional and automatic translation can also be facilitated.
- The translation is supported for 100+ languages.
- A fully customizable widgetized language switcher is available with Polylang. Language switcher can be installed as a navigation menu also.
- Polylang offers support for all WP themes, plugins, and RTL.
- Using domain and subdomain, separate URLs can be set for each language.
- With Polylang, you get both free and premium versions.
- Pricing – 1 site – 99.00€, three sites – 198.00€, five sites – 297.00€ and 25 sites – 495.00€
Total number of users – 600,000+
6. Loco Translate
Loco Translate ranks among the top most popular WordPress translation plugins in the WordPress.org Respiratory. The premium tool has a powerful dashboard for translation and language variation management. It has gone many updations over the years and has the ability for any type of string translation – menus, theme, custom post types, and more. And even they provide professional translation services. The plugin enables editing of these translations.PO file.
- Language files can be created right into your theme or plugin.
- The WP admin has a built-in translation editor.
- Easily translatable strings can be easily extracted from the source code.
- Free up to 2,000 translations after that $5.95 /month.
- It is compatible with all significant and complex themes out there.
- The entire site can be translated with Google Translate API Integration.
- It also supports both manual and automatic translation
- Loco Translate offers a Multilingual CMS package and blog.
- Human, Machine, and Professional translations are available for site translations, all of which can be mixed and matched.
- Free Trial is available for ten days for one language up to 2000 words for one website.
Total number of users – 1M+
7. Translate WordPress with GTranslate
GTranslate is an Affordable professional translation plugin powered by Google Analytics that helps you measure the users’ impact or usefulness. The tool is highly widgetized that enables the users to select their language.
- With GTranslate, you get Machine translation, however, with the premium version of the plugin, you get neural machine translations which has a human translation quality.
- Supports translations for 103 languages. In case of any errors, you can manually do the corrections.
- You can translate posts, pages, menus, widgets, tags, and categories.
- Once the translation is over,” Suggest a better translation” pop up and Google top frame auto hides.
- Free and Premium, both the versions are available.
- Pricing – $5.99 a month
- Gtranslate supports human, Machine, and self-translations.
- WPML can translate 60+ built-in languages. Besides, other language variants can also be included, such as Mexican Spanish.
You get additional features like search engine indexing, WooCommerce compatibility, manual correction of translations, Centralized Translation Cache, translation proxy, and more with the premium version.
Total number of users – 300,000+
8. Google Website Translator
Google Website Translator is a straightforward and lightweight WordPress language plugin tool that just needs to be added to your WordPress site, and there you are ready to go!. An amazing self-hosted plugin when you plan to have a global reach and better traffic to your website. TranslatePress is an intuitive solution that lets you translate your site directly from the frontend using an intuitive, easy visual interface.
- The tool offers only machine translation hence nowhere near to human translation.
- You can enable as many languages as you want for your site.
- Your pages in different languages are not saved as static files.
- The plugin is compatible with almost all WP themes and plugins.
- You can easily translate your site from the frontend and need not toggle between the string translation interfaces and the editor.
- Translate Press is fully integrated with WooCommerce and comprehensive site builders.
Total number of users – 10,000+
MultiLingualPress is another alternative WordPress language plugin. Operates uniquely for translation, and it creates standalone installs for each language post. Later on, with the help of a simple interface, it merges all those sites. Thus, you get a versatile mix and match with the numerous link-ups. For Instance, if your website has English as the preferred language, you can utilize MultilingualPress to connect to individual multi-site installs of French or Japanese.
- It supports 174 languages and allows the readers to read posts and pages in any supported language.
- Posts, pages, and taxonomy terms are easily translatable with MultiLingual Press.
- Translation links can be embedded in the navigation menu.
- For editing purposes, there is no need to switch between multiple websites. All corrections can be made at a standard interface with the original post editor.
- Even when you deactivate MultiLingual Press, the translations will be retained, unlike other translation plugins where the stuff gets lost. Excellent in terms of data integrity.
- Both Free and premium versions are available.
- Pricing – 1 site – $75, 5 sites – $95 and 10 sites – $190
Price – Annual – $34.99/annually (1 Site), Perpetual – $349/Lifetime (1 Site), Membership – $250/annually (1 Site)
Comparison between WPML vs Weglot vs Polylang Vs Loco Vs TranslatePress
|Type of Translation||Human, Machine, and Self-translation||Human, Machine, and Professional||Manual||Self-translation||Human and Machine|
|Translation Focus||Manual & Automatic||Automatic & Manual||Manual||Manual||Automatic & Manual|
|Number of Languages Supported for Translation||60+||108+||100+||221|
|Main translation interface||WordPress backend||Weglot cloud interface||WordPress backend||WordPress backend||WordPress backend|
|Automatic Language Detection|
|Support for Language Variants|
|Support for String Translation||(custom post types, taxonomies, menus, theme text, etc.)||All||Limited||Limited||All|
|Language Switcher as||Menu, Widget, Footer||Menu, Widget, Shortcode, Source Code||Widget, Navigation Menu||Not Available||Anywhere as Menu, Floating dropdown, Shortcode|
|Support for Professional Services||*|
|eCommerce solution(Currency Support)|
|Theme & Plugin compatibility||*|
|Free Trial Available||Yes(10 days for one language up to 2000 words for one website)||(up to 2000 words)|
|Support||Support Ticket, Forum||Forums, Documentation||Forums, Documentation||Forums, Documentation||FAQ, Documentation, Support Ticket, Troubleshooting|
|Money-Back Guarantee||Within 30 Days||25 days(10days free trail+15 days after subscription)||Within 30 days||Within 15 days|
|Pricing||Multilingual Blog version – $29, Multilingual CMS version – $79||€8.25 /mo one language for 10000 Words, €16 /mo five languages for 50000 Words||One site – 99.00€, three sites – 198.00€, five sites – 297.00€ and 25 sites – 495.00€||Pro – $5.95 /mo for 5,000 words, Business – $19.95 /mo for 25,000 words, Agency – $29.95 /mo for 125,000 words||Personal Plan – €79/yr(for 1 site), Business plan – €139/yr (for 3 sites),Developer Plan – €199/yr (for unlimited sites)|
Conclusion – Still confused. Which multilanguage plugin is suitable for you? In my experience, I trust and recommend three Plugins Wpml, Weglot and TranslatePress. I hope the name for Wmpl is self popular and doesn’t require any introduction. But Weglot is also worth buying because of their feature, and the best of it is the host of your language. This means it will not affect your website loading. However, its pricing is based on €8.25 /month up to 10000 words. That too, they provide free 14days trial without any credit card. When we talked about WPML, the quality and support were undoubtedly the best. And their pricing is based on per year nominal charge. However, weglot supports other eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Bigcommerce, and Wix. TranslatePress is also feature-rich and a good value for money. Their yearly pricing is also economical. It’s a must-try Plugin. They all are compatible with the eCommerce website. And most powerful part of TranslatePress is 221 language support.
Note – Please make sure You should create a backup of your website before you start doing translation work.
So I hope you were able to decide which one you should choose. Please let me know in the comment section if you have any suggestions or feedback about our comparative blog. And which one you will BUY?
Thanks Rahul This was a very informative blog and I really enjoyed reading it. I think mobile optimization is very necessary in this era for your website and I also have a few points regarding it to discuss with you and I hope it helps the other readers too.
WordPress translation plugins are a cost-effective way to publish material in many languages, and there are several excellent free and paid translation options.Weglot, Polylang, TranslatePress, Google Website Translator, MultilingualPress, WPML, Lingotek Translation , Loco Translate.