7 Best Backup Plugins for WordPress 2019
Are you looking for premium or free Best Backup Plugin for WordPress. Every one who own a website should create a regular backup . Backup your WordPress website will make your website safe from hackers , theft , or sudden breakdown of your website may give you sudden shock . That’s why we should regularly make backup of our website .
Preserving countless hours of work is very essential. Otherwise it may lead to loss of precious data in just a few seconds. That’s where the importance of backup plugin comes into play. Web host backups are not efficient. Hence WordPress provides many backup plugins to solve the issue. That’s why we have decided to write an article on Premium or Free Best Backup Plugins for WordPress .
Table of Contents
BackupBuddy is one of the Best Backup Plugins for WordPress which is a premium backup plugin. It automatically backs up the site on a fixed schedule. It not only backs up databases unlike other plugins, it also backs up everything on the WordPress. This makes sure that the user has a copy of all their WordPress website files.
It also allows the user to remotely store the backups offsite using BackupBuddy Stash, Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3,etc. It can quickly restore WordPress from a backup. The user also gets a downloadable zip file of their WordPress websites. The backups can be scheduled weekly, monthly, daily,etc.
Price – Blogger Plan – $80 (1 site backup), Freelancer Plan – $127 (10 site backup), Gold Plan – $199 (unlimited site backup).
BackupBuddy coupon – BACKUPWP25 saving 25% offPremium
UpdraftPlus WordPress Plugin is the highest ranking WordPress scheduled backup plugin. It restores as well as backs up the user’s website. Upon setting the schedule the backups can be chosen to be stored in Cloud devices such as UpdraftVault, Amazon S3, Dropbox or Google Drive.
It is a great time saver as it automatically the backup directly from the WordPress control panel. Its features are:
- The whole website or individual theme, plugin or content can be backed up.
- Multiple automatic backups can be differently scheduled.
- Individual file, database or the entire site can be restored.
- It tidies things for clients by no ads.
- Access to UpdraftVault can be locked via password settings.
- It provides fast and personal support.
- UpdraftPlus Migrator clones the WordPress site and moves it to a new domain directly and easily.
Total number of user – 2 million+
Price – Personal Plan – $70 (up to 2 sites), Business Plan – $95 (up to 10 sites), Agency Plan – $145 (up to 35 sites), Enterprise Plan – $195 (unlimited sites)
UpdraftPlus coupon – Activate link and collect latest discountFree Premium
BlogVault which is trusted by more than 2 lakhs sites is the most reliable restore and backup plugin. With a single dashboard, it ensures a stress free WordPress security and backup solution. The best in class malware scanning is provided by this plugin and it provides one-click malware removal functionality. Smart incremental database and file backups are taken by this plugin.
Amazon S3 and BlogVault are the cloud storage where backups are stored. Rel time backups are provided by this plugin for WooCommerce sites. Restoration, migration, backup validation, dedicated staging, site copying are also facilitated by this plugin. FTP, SFTP, or FTPS are used for migration and restore. Its features are:
- Backup and Restore- The plugin provides for automatic daily and real time backup. The site can be restored with a single click. The backup history goes upto 365 days and the backup is stored to cloud or DropBox.
- Smart Incremental backup- Storage and Server resources can be stored with advanced incremental backup syncing.
- Security- The plugin provides for automatic daily and real time scanning. The malware removal can be done with a single click. The backup is secured and interrupted and the site security is hardened.
- Manage websites- Theme and plugin updates are performed regularly.
- Staging- The website has a dedicated one click staging setup.
- Migrate- The site can be migrated with a single click and they can be copied or cloned easily.
- Merge changes to Live Site- The changes can be pushed to the live site from the staging site for free.
- White Labeling- Website details and stats can be displayed to clients with the brand and logo on product.
- Out of the box client reporting- Detailed and elegant website reports can be shared with the clients. It helps the user to focus on growing their business.
Total number of user – 20,000+
- Personal Plans for 1 site – Basic Plan – $7.4/mo billed annually, Plus Plan – $12.4/mo billed annually, Advanced Plan – $20.75/mo billed annually.
- Small Business Plan for up to 10 sites – Basic Plan – $16.58/mo billed annually, Plus Plan – $29.9/mo billed annually, Advanced Plan – $45.75/mo billed annually.
- Developer Plans for up to 20 sites – Basic Plan – $49/mo billed annually, Plus Plan – $79/mo billed annually, Advanced Plan – $149/mo billed annually.
- Agency Plan for > 20 sites – custom
4. VaultPress (Jetpack Module)
VaultPress not only provides real-time backup as well as security scanning services. It not only backs up databases but also every media file, post, comment, revision and dashboard on the sites to the servers.
It also protects the site against malware, hackers, host outages and accidental damage. But he users have to open a completely separate dashboard to manage security, stats, backups and activity.
Total number of user – 90,000+
Pricing – $39
Note – VaultPress pro is can be activated only with jetpack Module
5. BackWPup – WordPress Backup Plugin
BackWPUp is one of the most popular free backup plugin. It is very easy to configure and use. It can be used to save the complete installation including WP content to an external backup service FTP, Dropbox, S3 etc. An installation can be easily restored using a single backup .zip file. Its features are:
- It uses WorsPress XML export.
- Databases can be easily optimized.
- Logs and backups can sent by email.
- Multisite is supported as network admin.
- It generates a file with installed plugins.
- It checks and repairs databases.
- Its pro version and support is also available.
Total number of user – 600,000+Free
BackUpWordPress backs up the entire site including all all the files and databases according to a predefined set schedule. Its features are:
- It works in low memory, ‘shared hosts’ environment.
- The backup files can be emailed.
- Selected files and folders can be excluded from backup.
- It doesn’t require ant setups hence is easy to use.
- It uses zip and mysqldumps to backup files faster if they are available.
- It is able to manage multiple schedules.
- It works on both windows and Linux servers.
- It gives good support and has translations.
Total number of user – 200,000+Free
WP-DP-Backup backs up only WordPress core databases tables. Other tables can also be included in the backup which increases the size of the backup file.
It can be selected as how the backup files have be received. As soon as the database backup is emailed or sent to he browser for immediate download the backup file is deleted from the server after the translation is finished. It is quiet a popular plugin and easy to use.
Total number of user – 300,000+Free
Conclusion – Still confused which is Best Backup Plugins for WordPress. Don’t worry i will your choice more simple . All the plugins are super and best but if you can spend a little bit for your website safety then you must get BackupBuddy that is better for beginners than any other plugin and worth your each penny . But if you are looking for free then you can use updraftplus . Still have doubt or suggestion please send me in comment section .