10 Best Backup Plugins for WordPress 2021
Are you looking for premium or free Best Backup Plugins For WordPress? Everyone who owns a website should create a regular backup? Backup your WordPress website will make your website safe from hackers, theft, or sudden breakdown of your website may give you a sudden shock. That’s why we should regularly make a backup of our website.
Preserving countless hours of work is very essential. Otherwise, it may lead to the loss of precious data in just a few seconds. That’s where the importance of the backup plugin comes into play. Web host backups are not efficient. Hence WordPress provides many backup plugins to solve the issue. That’s why we have decided to write an article on Premium or Free Best Backup Plugins for WordPress.
Table of Contents
- Backup Buddy
- BoldGrid Backup
- BlogVault Backups
- WPvivid Backup
- Database Backup
1. Backup Buddy
BackupBuddy is one of the Best Backup Plugins WP which is a premium backup plugin. It automatically backs up the site on a fixed schedule. It not only backs up databases unlike other plugins, but it also backs up everything on WordPress. Hence, it ensures that the user has a copy of all their WordPress website files.
It also allows the user to remotely store the backups offsite using BackupBuddy Stash, Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, etc. It can quickly restore WordPress from a backup. The user also gets a downloadable zip file of their WordPress websites. You can schedule the backup to weekly, monthly, daily, etc.
Price – Blogger-$80/yearly (1 Site), Freelancer-$127/yearly (10 Site), Gold-$199/yearly (Unlimited Site)
UpdraftPlus WordPress Plugin is the highest-ranking WordPress scheduled backup plugin. It restores as well as backs up the user’s website. Upon setting the schedule the backups can be chosen to be stored in Cloud devices such as UpdraftVault, Amazon S3, Dropbox or Google Drive.
It is a great time saver as it automatically the backup directly from the WordPress control panel. Its features are:
- The whole website or individual theme, plugin or content can be backed up.
- Multiple automatic backups can be differently scheduled.
- Individual file, database or the entire site can be restored.
- It tidies things for clients with no ads.
- Access to UpdraftVault can be locked via password settings.
- It provides fast and personal support.
- UpdraftPlus Migrator clones the WordPress site and moves it to a new domain directly and easily.
Total number of user – 3,000,000+
UpdraftPlus coupon – Activate link and collect latest discount
Price – Personal-$70/year (2 Site), Business-$95/year (10 Site), Agency-$145/year (35 Site), Enterprise-$195/year (Unlimited Site)
3. BoldGrid Backup
BoldGrid not only provides real-time backup as well as security scanning services. It not only backs up databases but also every media file, post, comment, revision and dashboard on the sites to the servers.
It also protects the site against malware, hackers, host outages and accidental damage. But he users have to open a completely separate dashboard to manage security, stats, backups and activity.
Total Upkeep prepares a complete solution for backup and preserves your website from the tragic loss of existing data. One of the essential backup plugins of WordPress which bundled with 360-degree protection to the data of your website. Prevent sudden crashes take place on any site if you install this backup plugin.
However, you won’t be able to control some crisis and it may happen that your website completely drains out even you are doing everything in the right way. In such cases, Total Upkeep fixes everything which makes your site as before it was.
Total number of user – 80,000+
Willing to secure the database of a WordPress Site, Duplicator is one of the reliable Backup and migration plugins that will assist you all through this. It contains a user-friendly interface by which you can navigate your site to a new directory or existing one through drag and drop. The existence of Cloud Storage and API options are also available that enable you to connect and store Backups safely.
Specific features of Duplicator Pro are as-
- Management of Host Support such as WordPress.com, GoDaddy, and many more.
- Supports Drag and Drop through which you may overwrite the site simpler.
- Integrates the multiple sites in a single archive.
- Recovery points protect from misleading updates through revoke the system into better condition.
- Streamlined Installer which allows installation in two steps or with advanced i.e. four-step installer is supported.
- Set up the Backup limits that avoid unusual filing up in local storage and backup.
Elimination of unnecessary features compels Duplicator simple and elegant that avoid conflict. If you have multiple WordPress sites, then you can configure all such sites with the same themes through Duplicator Packages. You don’t have to manually configure the same themes that will save a lot of time.
Total number of user –1,000,000+
Price– Personal-$69/yearly (3 Site), Freelancer-$89/yearly (15 Site), Business-$149/yearly (Unlimited Site), Gold-$549/Lifetime (Unlimited Site)
5. BlogVault Backups
BlogVault which is trusted by more than 2 lakhs sites is the most reliable restore and backup plugin. With a single dashboard, it ensures a stress-free WordPress security and backup solution. The best in class malware scanning is provided by this plugin and it provides one-click malware removal functionality. Smart incremental database and file backups are taken by this plugin.
Amazon S3 and BlogVault are the cloud storage where backups are stored. Rel time backups are provided by this plugin for WooCommerce sites. Restoration, migration, backup validation, dedicated staging, site copying are also facilitated by this plugin. FTP, SFTP, or FTPS are used for migration and restoration. Its features are:
- Backup and Restore- The plugin provides for automatic daily and real-time backup. The site can be restored with a single click. The backup history goes up to 365 days and the backup is stored into cloud or DropBox.
- Smart Incremental backup- Storage and Server resources can be stored with advanced incremental backup syncing.
- Security- The plugin provides for automatic daily and real-time scanning. The malware removal can be done with a single click. The backup is secured and interrupted and the site security is hardened.
- Manage websites- Theme and plugin updates are performed regularly.
- Staging- The website has a dedicated one-click staging setup.
- Migrate- The site can be migrated with a single click and they can be copied or cloned easily.
- Merge changes to the Live Site- The changes can be pushed to the live site from the staging site for free.
- White Labeling- Website details and stats can be displayed to clients with the brand and logo on a product.
- Out of the box client reporting- Detailed and elegant website reports can be shared with the clients. It helps the user to focus on growing their business.
Total number of user –80,000+
Personal (1 site)
- Basic- $89/year
- Plus- $149/ year
- Advanced- $249/year
Small Business (5 sites)
- Basic- $199/year
- Plus- $359/year
- Advanced- $549/year
Developers (20 sites)
- Basic- $499/year
- Plus- $799/year
- Advanced- $1499/year
BackUpWordPress backs up the entire site including all all the files and databases according to a predefined set schedule. Its features are:
- It works in low memory, ‘shared hosts’ environment.
- The backup files can be emailed.
- Selected files and folders can be excluded from backup.
- It doesn’t require ant setups hence is easy to use.
- BackUpWordPress uses zip and MySQL dumps to backup files faster if they are available.
- It is able to manage multiple schedules.
- The plugin works on both Windows and Linux servers.
- It gives good support and has translations.
Total number of user – 200,000+
BackWPUp is one of the best free backup plugins. It is very easy to configure and use. It can be used to save the complete installation including WP content to an external backup service FTP, Dropbox, S3 etc. An installation can be easily restored using a single backup .zip file. Its features are:
- It uses WorsPress XML export.
- You can easily optimize the database
- Logs and backups can be sent by email.
- Multisite is supported as a network admin.
- It generates a file with installed plugins.
- It checks and repairs databases.
- Its pro version and support is also available
Total number of user – 700,000+
Price– Starter-$39/yearly, Trio-$69/yearly, Business-$99/yearly, Agency-$149/yearly
8. WPvivid Backup
WPvivid is the one-stop platform where you get access to fundamental features consisting of program backups, relocate backups to various storage, move a copy of the site into a new domain, and clear the images that are not being used. You can prepare a backup as well as migration of WordPress Site through WPvivid within less time duration. The extension provided by WPvivid Backup for MainWP assists you to regulate backup that is available in the version like free and pro both.
Hereby, you acquire the entire core features for Backup and Migration comprising Scheduled backup, Auto migration, restore in just a click, and many more. To make the backup process completely hassle-free, WPvivid also supports cloud storage such as dropbox, google drives Amazon S3 and others. Features like live progress, keep safe your backup from auto-deletion, rename the backup directory are eligible which makes WPvivid, the best fit for the Backup and migration plugin
Total number of user – 100,000+
Price– Basic-$49/yearly (3 Site), Freelancer-$99/yearly (100 Site), Unlimited-$149/yearly (Unlimited Site)
9. Database Backup
In WordPress, the entire detail of your website records comprising posts, comments, and links are available in its database. Every activity that occurs at your website creates a record in it by default. However, this database might be corrupted or erased which leads to everything that is on your website got vanished at such a moment. But if you maintain the appropriate database backup for it, then you can restore those files with ease, and everything becomes back to normal as it was.
Different methods are available that enable database backup for WordPress as mentioned below-
- Sync creation with site
- Website Host
- Copy the file into the desktop
Database and Files are elements of WordPress site and hence, if you back up WordPress Database then you need to back up the entire site. It is essential to create a backup for the WordPress database at regular intervals specifically either before an upgrade or transfer it to another location.
WP Migrate DB Pro backs up only WordPress core databases tables. We can also include other tables in the backup which increases the size of the backup file. It can be selected as how the backup files have been received. As you email the database backup or send it to the browser for immediate download the backup file is deleted from the server after the translation is finished. It is quite a popular plugin and easy to use.
Total number of user – 100,000+
Jetpack is one of the most downloaded plugins in the WordPress market and it’s a must-have plugin. This plugin also supports many features likes website speeding, website security, backup and social media marketing. With JetPack, you can get so many social media sharing buttons. It helps to grow traffic on your site.
It has almost all the essential features that can take your business to another level.
- It comes with automated malware scanning that keeps your site secure.
- They monitor and let you know if your site goes down before your customer notices it.
- They also help you understand any changes on your site.
- It saves a lot of your precious time by clearing all the spam comments and form responses on its own.
- It takes just one click to restore your site and backup.
Total number of user –5,000,000+
Price– Backup Daily-$40/yearly, Security Daily- $152/yearly, Complete $615/yearly
Conclusion – Still confused about which is the Best Backup Plugins for WordPress. Don’t worry I will make your choice simpler. Although all the plugins are the best if you can spend a little bit for your website safety then you must get BackupBuddy that is better for beginners than any other plugin and worth your every penny. But if you are looking for free then you can use updraftplus . Still have any doubt or suggestion, feel free to drop them in the comment section.