6 Best WordPress Learning Management System Plugins 2019
Are you looking for premium or free best WordPress Learning Management System Plugins to manage your online courses? LMS WordPress eLearning plugins are a great way to anyone either you are an instructor or school or a freelancer to create and sell courses online. There are many websites like Udemy, Skillshare, or masterclass where you can sell and manage your courses online. But they take lots of your earning.
Mostly using these plugins you can easily upload and store your courses online. When your students’ signup, enroll and pay your required amount for the course then they can access it. That means these WordPress course management plugins will add restriction to your videos the Same way as membership options.
So let’s have the list for top Learning Management System Plugins to manage online courses are as follows:
Note – If you are planning to host your video then you should always try to use a good host like Kinsta
LearnDash is the most trusted WordPress course management system plugin. It is the first choice of many companies, training organizations, major universities, and many more. It is the leading choice for online courses. It is used by many major universities for online coursework. It can handle everything from continuing education to selling inline courses. Access to this plugin gives access to the latest e-learning industries. This helps in delivering robust learning experiences. Learndash is the alternative for LifterLMS and talent Lms. Courses can be easily created and sold as well as awards certificates. Quizzes can be delivered and users can be easily managed using this plugin. The features of this plugin are:
- Drip- Feed Content- Contents are automatically delivered by this plugin according to a predefined scheduled.
- Create Users Group- The learners can be created and among them, a group leader can be chosen to manage their progress.
- Reward Learners- Certificates, badges, and points can be given to the learners to encourage them.
- Renewal Reminders- There is the provision of automatic renewal or this option can also be deselected.
- Control Enrollment- A course price can be set and they can be made exclusive for members or free or private.
- Engagement Triggers- Learners can be interacted with based on their actions in courses.
- Refund Protection- Contents can be scheduled. This helps to lower the refund rates and increase revenue.
- Manage Learner’s Progress- To helps the learners, reviews can be submitted, the learning paths can be set and completed tasks can be managed.
Pricing – Basic Package – $159, Plus Package – $189, Pro Package – $329
2. Talent LMS
Talent LMS is a facile cloud LMS that is widely used to train your employees, partners, and clients. It can transform online learning and training process into fun. Being available on Cloud-powered LMS, there is no need to install or upgrade anything. You can customize your theme, domain, and logos. You can call talent Lms as the alternative for LearnDash. Its excellent social integration system allows you to build E-learning courses in no matter of time. Provides you with an explicit analysis of anything inclusive in the course content. Major features are:
- Mobile-Friendly – The plugin can be downloaded in mobiles as its native mobile applications are available for iOS and Andriod.
- Complete and sturdy – The plugin supports SCORM and Tin Can, videos and gamification etc
- Easy maintenance – Requires little configuration and imparts better deliveries.
- Membership Offers – A number of versatile membership plans can be offered viz. Sitewide membership, Membership for course bundles, membership for auto-enrollment, bulk course enrollment membership, and membership for group discussion forums.
- Security -Your content can be fully protected against hacks as Lifter LMS offers protection to the course content, generates user accounts, and provides access to the “members only” to view the contents. Restricted access can also be provided redirecting the non-members to join the membership and unlock specific contents. Apart from this password can be generated and reset by the learners for their learning contents.
- Platform Management – Your own online school can be controlled from a simple WordPress website by the plugin.
- Business stability and continuous cash flow can be achieved by creating flexible recurrent payment options.
- Subscriptions could be sold to your learning platform.
Pricing – Free Plan – $0 ( up to 5 users), Small Plan – $29/mo (for Up to 25 users), Basic Plan – $99 / mo (Up to 100 users), Plus Plan – $199/mo ( Up to 500 users), Premium Plan – $349 / mo (Up to 1000 users ) – All plans are billed annually
LifterLMS is a simple yet powerful online course software that can increase course engagement, sales, and learner results. It offers you everything that you need to create, sell, and protect engaging online courses. LifterLMS is chosen by entrepreneurs, teachers, and niche experts. The plugin gives an intuitive and flexible learning experience. LifterLMS is constantly being upgraded and offers responsive support and accessibility by the team. A very focused approach towards small or solo businesses. The features of this plugin are:
- Student Engagement – Courses can be created by this plugin which can engage students: they can enjoy and finish these courses with a focused approach.
- Achievement badges can be awarded for addicting learners with earned badges through badge gamification.
- Printable Certificates can be awarded for skill training and continuing education requirements.
- Customized emails can be delivered based on learner behavior.
- Enhancement of social learning can be done by unlocking the power of social sites like Facebook etc
- Private coaching can be offered on one on one basis and discussions can be conducted for maximum income generation and learner outcomes.
- Personalized text messages can be sent to engage learners and prospects.
- Money Maker – A strong income-generating teaching business or membership site can be developed by this plugin. The tools are
- Credit card payments – Revenue can be generated with simple conversion-optimized credit card payments.
- Simple one time payments can be charged for your courses or memberships.
Total No. of User -- 8,000
Pricing – Individual Add-Ons – $99+/yr, Universe Bundle – $299/yr, Infinity Bundle – $999/yrFree Premium
4. WP Courseware
WP Courseware is the first and most extensively used WP learning management system plugin which has eased up creating and selling online courses. It is incomparable with any WP learning management system in terms of ease and speed. Due to its rich features and powerful learning management system, it has become the first choice of many universities, entrepreneurs, and trusted companies. The features of this plugin are:
- Drag and Drop – Online course can be created easily with the instinctive drag and drop builder.
- Drip Content – Contents can be auto-scheduled for release on specific dates and intervals from enrollment.
- Grade Books – Quiz and progress reports can be viewed and exported for each of the students.
- Course Certificates – Students can be rewarded with downloadable and customized completion certificates in PDF. format.
- Secured Courses – Courses can be password protected by the admin and access can be given only to the registered and enrolled students.
- Advanced Quizzes – Robust quiz contests can be conducted with advanced quiz question types, timers, retake limits, and surveys.
- Student Management – Both automated and manual methods of student enrollment is possible as per the requirement.
- Course Prerequisites – Students can be directed to complete one course before they move onto other courses.
- Free Courses – A few courses can be offered for free to trigger prospective enrollments and act as led magnets.
Pricing – Teacher – $149 (2-Site License), Professor – $169 (10-Site License), Guru – $249 (25-Site License)Premium
Sensei is the ultimate WP LMS which can make the coursework a lot easier and accessible. A single interface where courses can be created, lessons can be designed and quizzes can be prepared. A paramount LMS which allows you to set lessons and other course pre-requisites. Also, helps in user registration and charge fee for the course offered. Features of the plugin are :
- Seamless WP Integration – The plugin can be effortlessly used, and it is designed keeping in mind the instinctive of the WP user interface. Hence, considered the best for WP LMS.
- Easy Content Creation – The plugin offers a great range of flexibility as it can be used to create courses and test the knowledge perception of the learners via quizzes.
- Quick User registration – WP user registration enables users to register for the online courses, thereafter, the dashboard can be accessed and tracked by the learners.
- Charge for courses – Courses can be charged directly through this plugin because Sensei is integrated with WooCommerce. Products can be linked to course instantly – an easy go!
- Course Analytics – Data reports on student’s performance, grades, their details, and overview of the content can be analyzed with the plugin which gives you a bird’s eye view.
- Question Bank – A random quiz can be set up for the learner’s feedback. The questions are randomly picked up from the question bank that is created by the plugin.
- Share your idea – Enables a platform where the learners can build and share their robust learning experiences.
Pricing – Single Site – $129, Up to 5 Sites – $179, Up to 25 Sites – $279
6. Good LMS
GoodLMS is a theme-based WordPress course management plugin. It can support multiple WP sites and hence offers immense options to create course content. The main features of the plugin are :
- Course Management – The course content can be shared to analyze the statistics about its trend and the number of students enrolling for it.
- Sale of Course – Content, and courses can be sold online as this plugin incorporates PayPal, WooCommerce, Stripe, etc.
- Add on Facilities – Customized add-ons can be written to enhance extra features for LearnPress.
- Free and Developing – GoodLMS is a premium plugin to enhance its reach to more and more learners, but there is no compromise on its development
- Create Courses – Impactful Course material can be created by the online course creators by converting their expertise into income.
- Free courses can be offered for lead generation. There are other ways also like pre-selling, review ECommerce dashboard, Credit card management, payment switching, etc to achieve the objective of money-making.
Total No. of User – 1,050
Pricing – 32$Premium
Conclusion – Still confused about which WordPress course management system plugin you should choose? If you are looking for free then you should try talent lms. You can also choose its premium version if you grow. But if you are looking for premium then the most trusted online eLearning plugin is learndash