12 Best WordPress Image Compression Plugins Compared 2022
Are you looking for Premium or free best WordPress Image Compression Plugins? Planning to optimize images on your website? There are many tools in the market which is open source and provide free image compression to your images. But are they worth it, so let’s have some comparison of image optimization tools for WordPress?
If you are running a small blog, you can manually compress one by one image, but what about big bloggers and companies. Does free image optimization software worth it for big bloggers. When you compress images manually, you need to invest a lot of time behind one image, so in my recommendation, I always believed paid versions are better.
If you run an online store like an eCommerce website, you should optimize your images and add lazy loading to increase your website speed.
Why do you need an Image Optimizer?
Images have an immense impact on making your content more appealing and interactive. The drawback they suffer from is their size which means a longer load time than usual, free space consumption and ultimately slower website. Many inpatient audiences will prefer to leave a slow webpage, so your content will go unnoticed. This adversely affects the traffic to your blog, which lowers the incoming comments and, ultimately, your business.
So, is there a solution?
Yes! There are a variety of Image Optimizers that auto compresses the images and gives you a smaller sized version for your website. A one-step solution to the problem. Isn’t it?
Gone are the days when these Image Optimizers were free of cost. Now the online plugins extend fewer free compression, and after that, you have to pay for higher usage. So, it makes sense for us to look at the Best Image Optimizer in terms of image optimization, work execution and calibre.
How to select the best Image Compression tool?
- It should be regularly updated.
- Support online backup.
- Compression without losing quality.
- Compression to exact dimension should be available.
- It should support jpg. png, pdf, gif etc
Now let’s have the list of best photo optimizer plugins for WordPress, which is are as follows:
- WP Compress
- Compress JPEG & PNG images
- Kraken.io Image Optimizer
- Wp Rocket
Optimole is a nicely integrated WordPress Plugin for compressing images that rectifies the image quality for different screen visibility. The lightweight and easy-to-use interface lets you customize images’ appearance and present them on-site appropriately. While compressing the high-quality images that are widely available on the site enhances the loading speed. Although, impress your visitors by displaying the entire content, including images, just a few seconds after clicking. Boost conversion and revenue by taking the assistance of Image Optimization for compressing images. CDN accessibility provides lazy loading and displays the perfect size of images on different devices.
Core Features –
- Convert URLs of images available on the entire site into cloud-based URLs.
- Compress images before delivering them to your audience for fast access than ever before.
- Optimize images so well and deliver such images in possible smallest size with excellent visible quality.
- Deliver images in a digital pixel ratio that doesn’t hurt your retina.
- Provides you better visibility within a container that doesn’t need to shift available content thereon.
- Let you configure the watermark once, and you will get that watermark on every image that adds to the website anywhere.
Total number of users – 80,000+
Price – Starter – $283/annually (25k Visitor), Business – $581/annually (100k Visitor)
EWWW Image Optimizer is a seamlessly integrated WordPress Extension that enables image compression, widely available on the website. Let you improve visitors’ experience by providing them fast accessing photos and better quality. Great support for image optimization with pixel-perfect optimizing tools. Enhance user experience and let them continue connected to your site for a long time. EWWW Image Optimizer enables you to optimize unlimited files of various formats like JPG, GIF, PNG, WebP, etc. Such a comprehensive tool for image compression that covers every image and thumbnail available on the website. Faster and more reliable than any other plugins utilized for compressing images. Another great lossless Image Optimizer. The plugin provides complete SSL protection and comes for free, although a paid version is also available for API use only.
The plugin offers you to choose the site for image optimization. It can be your server or outside the server. Besides this, bulk optimization can be quickly done, and you can convert a large number of images to entire folders. Free image backup for 30 days can be done, and images can be uploaded to a cloud server using CDN support.
Essential Features –
- Automatic Integration – Automatically compress every available image and present it perfectly in size on different devices.
- Bulk Optimizing – Enables compression of images from a single dashboard, including images available at the media library, folders, meta sliders slides, theme images, etc.
- CDN – Supports various mode of CDNs that works automatically, including KeyCDN, Cloudflare, and MaxCDN.
- More incredible Speed of Accessing – Display converted website images within a few seconds after instant compression of such images.
- Images Backup – Allow storing original images for a maximum of 30 days.
Total number of users – 900,000+
Price – Standard – $70/annually (1 Site), Growth – $150/annually (10 Site), Infinite – $250/annually (Unlimited Site)
Short Pixel Image Optimizer is a well-diverse WordPress extension and extremely lightweight that lets you optimize the entire widely spread image on the website. Shortpixel is a GDPR ready plugin that is very lightweight. The plugin provides high-quality Lossy compression and is compatible with Webbs, WP Retina 2x, WooCommerce plugins etc. Provides a better user experience that makes your visitors interested in returning to your site in the future. Not only images, but it also assists you to compress any other visual document and present it well to your customer. Short Pixel Image Optimizer is a feature-packed extension for compressing images to display your visitors in an appropriate size and quality. Enhance ranking with a better SEO-friendly interface and extend your network widely. Just install and configure it once then it works effortlessly to enhance the visibility of graphics thereon. It is a GDPR ready plugin that is very lightweight, The older images are auto compressed, and new ones are continuously being scanned for resizing. Inculcates auto conversion from PNG to JPG. The plugin provides high-quality Lossy compression and is compatible with Webbs, WP Retina 2x, WooCommerce plugins etc.
A single API key assists in multi-site integration, and it also works well with the Watermarks and Watermark plugin.
Why Short Pixel is the Best Image Compression Plugin?
- Compress various images, including JPEG, PNG, GIF, and PDF, within a click.
- Convert available images on the website into WebP and AVIF, i.e., access faster and the best quality appropriate for the device accordingly.
- Supports WP Retina 2x that enables automatic compression of retina images for a better user experience.
- Allows hassle-free compression of images of multiple sites with a single API key.
- There are no limitations on the size of the file, Short Pixel Optimize well everything to avail better quality of images.
- A single API key assists in multi-site integration, and it also works well with the Watermarks and Watermark plugin.
- The plugin provides complete SSL protection and comes for free, although a paid version is also available for API use only.
Total number of users – 300,000+
Price – 15k Image – $9/Lifetime, 45k Image – $19/Lifetime, 75k Image – $29/Lifetime, 150k Image – $59/Lifetime, 255k Image – $99/Lifetime, 750k Image – $249/Lifetime
MegaOptim Image Optimizer Is one of the best teams in compression and image optimization plugins for WordPress. The plugin is straightforward and allows users to bulk optimize their media gallery, MediaPress, NextGen, or folders. It, therefore, enables you to deliver high-quality images with the correct dimensions, format, resolution and size. You can also select the thumbnails that you want to optimize. The entire optimization process and statistics are available on the optimize page, giving information on the original size of the image and the list of optimized images.
- The plugin supports WebP files. It also allows you to enable or disable conversion from CMYK to RGB. You can also choose whether to preserve or remove the EXIF or IPTC metadata.
- You can also choose to auto resize the images according to the given dimensions upon optimization or upload.
- It is also compatible with Cloudflare, WP 5.3+ BIG Image Threshold feature, WP Retina 2x, Windows/UNIX hosting environments, localhost and password protected sites, WP Engine, SiteGround and WP Offload Media or Amazon S3.
- It supports both backup and restores. Also, you get an option to configure what to backup. It also supports sub-accounts with detailed statistics.
- You also get an option to enable or disable conversion from CMYK to RGB, preserve or remove the EXIF or IPTC metadata. Moreover, no credits are charged if % five or less is saved per image.
- It is a free-of-cost plugin that can save 90% bandwidth per image. Multiple images can be optimized with a single click.
Total number of users – 300+
reSmush.it: the only free Image Optimizer & compress plugin is a free image optimization plugin for WordPress that allows you to compress your images and reduce their size based on several advanced algorithms. It supports GIF, JPG and PNG images up to 5 MB. The plugin is known to be one of the most used image optimization APIs and charges absolutely nothing to optimize your images according to your needs.
- it is a free image compression and optimization plugin that allows you to bulk optimize all your pictures in two clicks.
- The plugin can be used on various CMS, including WordPress, Prestashop, Drupal, Magento, Joomla, etc.
- Using this plugin, you also get an option to exclude some pictures of the optimizer.
- You can easily enable the “Optimize on upload” feature for all new pictures to be added and disable the feature whenever you wish to.
- It supports GIF, JPG and PNG images up to 5 MB.
- The older images are auto-comp compressed, and new ones continuously are scanned for resizing. Inculcates auto conversion from PNG to JPG.
Total number of users – 200,000+
Smush plugin works in synchronicity with a free online image compression tool (TinyPNG). Smush Image Optimizer compresses large images by removing unnecessary data and maintaining the quality of the original image. It is an award-winning premium Image Optimizer with the potential of compressing and optimizing images with a negligible drop in image quality. Your website does not experience any load as the compression happens outside your server. Even the older image files can be compressed and optimized using the plugin. The resolution limit can be preset to get the required image scaling as per your requirement. The plugin provides both advanced Lossy and Lossless techniques of optimization. It compresses images and galleries outside the server, and hence the site speed is untouched. The plugin does not limit the file size for compression; it preserves copyright metadata, creation date, and GPS location after compression. The usage and compression statistics can be monitored through a dashboard widget. The plugin well supports PNG and GIF formats. The plugin offers you to choose the site for image optimization. It can be your server or outside the server. Besides this, bulk optimization can be quickly done, and you can convert a large number of images to entire folders. Free image backup for 30 days can be done. Images can be uploaded to a cloud server using CDN support.
Smush is a WP compatible auto Image and PDF content optimizer. Image can be reduced up to 85% (5x+) without compromising on the quality of the original image. The plugin instigates a full image optimization process and notifies you through an email on completion of the process. At the same time, it defines the maximum and minimum size limit for optimization. You can easily filter your optimized and non-optimized media by date and status. Equipped with bulk optimization feature that allows compressing 50 images at a time and can be rerun for another bulk compression – such a time saver! The free version is not a great performer, though. Equipped with bulk optimization feature that allows compressing 50 images at a time and can be rerun for another bulk compression – such a time saver! The free version is not a great performer, though.
Total number of users – 1M+
Imagify – Optimize Images & Convert WebP is a great lossless Image Optimizer plugin for WordPress that allows users to optimize the images in just a single click without compromising the quality of the images. Smush is an award-winning premium Image Optimizer with the potential of compressing and optimizing images with a negligible drop in image quality. Your website does not experience any load as the compression happens outside your server. Hence, the plugin allows you to improve the speed of your website. The best part about the plugin is that all the images you upload on your WordPress website, including the thumbnails, are automatically optimized simply by enabling the plugin. It also lets you convert your WebP images which further improves the speed of your website by reducing the size of the images.
- You can easily optimize all the images in various formats, including PDFs, PNG, jpg, and gifs.
- It also lets you bulk optimize all your existing unoptimized images in just one click.
- The plugin automatically compresses and resizes all the images you upload so that you don’t have to waste time resizing your images before uploading them.
- It comes with three optimization levels- Normal, Aggressive and Ultra for lossless image compression, lossy image compression and strongest image compression using a lossy algorithm.
- Imagify also provides you with a WebP version of all the images you optimize in your Media library.
- The resolution limit can be preset to get the required image scaling as per your requirement.
- Even the older image files can be compressed and optimized using the plugin.
Total number of users – 500,000+
10Web is a popular image optimization plugin known to be the World’s Best WordPress Image Optimizer that helps you speed up your website up to 3 times without compromising the quality of the images. All the images you upload on your website are automatically optimized by enabling the plugin. Thus, the plugin saves you a lot of your time and effort and helps you speed up your website, thereby enhancing the user experience on your WordPress website.
- The plugin comes with automatic optimization, optimizing the images you upload on your WordPress website.
- It comes with three image optimization modes: conservative, balanced, or extreme compression.
- You can also check your compression results and statistics from the processional looking and detailed reports.
- It also allows you to bulk optimize all your images. Using this plugin, you can easily convert jpg to png, jpg to webP, gif to png and vice versa. You can also compress your pdf files and save space.
- The plugin automatically optimizes all your images in your media library.
- It has an excellent compression ratio for JPG, PNG, GIF and PDF files. It auto-selects the correct compression based on the file format.
Price – Presonal – $120/annually (1 Site), Premium – $288/annually (3 Site), Agency – $720/annually (10 Site),
9. WP Compress
Total number of users – 6,000+
Price – Presonal – $9/Monthly (100,000), Proffessional – $29/Monthly (1,000,000), Agency Pro – $99/Monthly (5,000,000)
10. Compress JPEG & PNG images
Compress JPEG & PNG plugin works in synchronicity with a free online image compression tool (TinyPNG). It compresses images and galleries outside the server, and hence the site speed is untouched. The plugin does not limit the file size for compression; it preserves copyright metadata, date of creation and GPS location after compression. The usage and compression statistics can be monitored through a dashboard widget. The plugin well supports PNG and GIF formats.
Total number of users – 200,000+
11. Kraken.io Image Optimizer
Total number of users – 30,000+
12. Wp Rocket
Price – Single – $49/annually (1 Site), Plus – $99/annually (3 Site), infinite – $249/annually (Unlimited Site)
Now let’s compare the table form for the top 4 plugins.
|Image Size||69 KB||76 KB||110 KB||110KB|
|After Compression||37 KB||36 KB||86 KB||98 KB|
|Free?||15 days Trail||100/mo free image & 100 free images for referring Friend||500 free credits||Free|
|Price||10$ for 10000 images||4.99$ for 5000 images||9$ for 3000 image = $0.003 / image||Free|