10 Best Lazy Load Plugin For WordPress 2021
In this article, we will be learning about the best lazy load plugin for WordPress. And We will also be learning How to implement Lazy load images and video to increase our website. This feature not only increases our website by also saves our bandwidth which will ultimately result in saving Our money.
Speed is the need of the hour in this fast-paced world. It’s more so in the case of the Internet where webmasters want to increase search traffic. Adding high-definition images and videos to a website makes it more informational but also reduces the speed of the web page. This is the reason we need to optimize a web page’s images. But simply compressing the images still doesn’t help as it still takes a lot of space. That is why we need to Lazy Load images and videos to increase the speed of a website.
What is Lazy Loading?
A website contains many images and videos which a visitor may not even need to see. But these images can slow down the speed of the page. So to optimize the speed of the page we delay the loading of the images and videos until the user scrolls down to the specific image. So the images and videos are not loaded simultaneously as the other contents. This is known as lazy loading. Only the images up to which the user has scrolled will be visible and the images which are still in the fold will not download hence saving time.
Why should we lazy load images?
No one wants to remain behind. The proverb “Slow and steady wins the race” doesn’t seem to apply in today’s cutthroat competition. Similarly, a slow website can increase bounce rates. Research has found that a few seconds’ delays in the loading of a website have resulted in an 8-10% decrease in conversion,15-20% decrease in satisfaction of the customer, and 10-13% lesser page views. Most of the time is taken by the images on a website to load. Every time an image is added to a website it increases its load time. Using CDN services helps in optimizing web pages by loading multiple images using servers located nearby. But this doesn’t completely solve the problem as the images are still being downloaded. That’s why lazy loading images becomes even more important.
How does Lazy Loading images and videos work?
Lazy Loading works in the following manner:
- The web page DOM is built by the browser without preloading the videos and downloading the images.
- The remaining images and videos are not downloaded until the site visitor scrolls down the page and the unfolded contents come into view.
So videos and images are held from downloading until they are actually needed. This helps many websites to boost their performance which uses many high-resolution images and videos.
Benefits of Lazy Loading images
Lazy Loading helps in basically two fields:
- It helps to boost the speed of page loading time- Readers don’t often go through the entire contents of the web page. So to download all its contents may not be necessary and it can slow down the website loading time. So it is to the benefit of the webmaster to immediately load the initial contents of the web page and subsequently load the rest of the contents as the user scrolls through.
- It helps in saving users’ bandwidth- For people who are still using 3G plans or are not using unlimited bandwidth, Lazy Load may be in their profit. So it would be a nice gesture to save their bandwidth. This way their data will be lost for only the images that they want to see.
Some of the Best Lazy Load Plugin For WordPress is as follows :
- a3 Lazy Load
- Ajax Load More
- Rocket Lazy Load
- WPvivid Image Optimization
- Lazy Loader
- Woocommerce Load More Products
- Speed Up Lazy Load
- Lazy Load for Videos
- WP YouTube Lyte
Optimole avails you to slow the image loading of the website and make the rest of the data available entirely. A WordPress Extension of lazy load lets you establish your visitor’s experience to reach your site faster than ever before. Just install this plugin with a click and see the magic of speed on your relevant site without any specific configuration. While loading the entire site, Optimole will reduce the exact size of the image, so it appeared without consuming much of your internet. As it slows down the image appearance, you are able to see the rest of the data available there.
Core Features –
- Cloud-based storage available, load only such images whichever you want to.
- Optimizing the image that enables your devices accordingly and alters the image quality as required.
- The image will serve to the visitors that perfectly get into the device, if once it had done then repeatedly same.
- Add the watermark on your image by setting, and it will automatically do the same with your future images.
- Popular e-commerce plugins such as Easy Digital Download and WooCommerce have endless scrolling, Optimole is compatible with them
- Plugin admin settings can be easily used to select contents that are lazy loaded and the image for their lazy loading. So as the visitor scrolls down the web page, the contents will be loaded as set up in the plugin.
Total number of users – 80,000+
Price – Starter-$249/yearly (25K Visitor Monthly), Business-$499/yearly (100K Visitor Monthly)
2. a3 Lazy Load
A3 Lazy Load is another popular and very easy-to-use plugin that is Mobile-Oriented and speeds up site page load speed. A3 Lazy Load is a simple and well-oriented WordPress extension that boosts the speed of loading content available on the page of the website. Improve the loading speed of various pages that contains a lot of heavy content it such as videos, images, headings, thumbnails, and more. Improve the loading of such contents so well that everything is visible to the audience on exact frequency after clicking the URL. a3 Lazy Load enables you to configure manually on which image or content you want to apply Lazy Load from the WordPress media library of the website.
Key Features –
- Compatibility – Compatible nicely with 5.7 Version of WordPress that enables media library of the older version to upgrade its lazy load media to streamline the appearance so efficiently.
- Image – Let you ON or OFF the lazy load for selected images from the WordPress Media such as widgets, thumbnails, Gravatars, and almost every area wherever content is available widely on the website.
- Horizontal Scroll – Allows the application of lazy load to the container’s image followed by a horizontal scroll that is available in the admin section.
- Effects – Let you apply the different effects of lazy load like a spinner and fade in. Also, enables the creation of customized lazy load.
Total number of users – 200,000+
3. Ajax Load More
WordPress Infinite Scroll is the best extension that tackles effectively the lazy load functioning of the website. Contains a simple UI and is compatible with pre-existing themes so well. Oriented nicely as it is also lightweight which easily installed and configured within a few seconds. Boost the speed of loading various available content on the website by applying lazy load wherever you want. Provides your users with a better experience while coming to the website made them visible the entire content with greater speed than ever before.
Key Features –
- Easy to install and configure as well even without writing any codes for streaming its attributes.
- Customize the shortcode and build by customizing the pre-existing one according to the necessity of the website.
- Apply lazy loads wherever you feel necessary such as posts, pages, custom taxonomies, post type, and many more other sections where the content is available.
- Repeater templates mean once you create any template for applying your effect then you may be able to apply similar templates to other websites’ content without editing the same templates again.
Total number of users – 50,000+
4. Rocket Lazy Load
Lazy Load is a nicely oriented extension of WordPress which establishes a better alternative for lazy loading to the content of the website. It is not an easy task to appear heavy content of the website in front of the audience promptly with just a click. But Lazy Load lets you speed up the loading experience of the content that enhances the engagement of visitors on the website. Enables your audience to view the content of the website so quickly as they click the URL of your site in a few seconds. Minimize the loading time and maximize the reachability and conversion thereon.
With the assistance of Lazy Load, boost the loading speed of the content such as images, videos, and thumbnails that are available in different sections of the website. Convert the iframes of YouTube into the thumbnail and live to preview the speed of loading. Reduce the time of loading by availing of the original version of images and videos that requires more data and time to appear to the visitors. As you apply Lazy Load to such heavy content it will compress its appearance and significantly will appear so fast to the audience.
Total number of users – 100,000+
5. WPvivid Image Optimization
WPvivid Image Optimization accesses your website to down the ability to load images as it is a reliable WordPress Lazy Load Plugin. Let your users experience the optimized image loading benefits that secure them from direct storage of images on the device. As it increases the speed of loading of the entire website, it records the score on Google Page-speed Insight. Although, WPvivid lets your website visible on search engines because it avails the website with fast speed.
Contains Features –
- Resize Image – Allow images to load in compressed size according to different screen sizes of the device.
- Delay Image Loading – Let the image be available to the user after the loading of the rest of the page.
- CDN – Integration of CDN that enables fast loading of pages.
- Manual Optimization – You can manually optimize the speed of any particular image and alter its size as per necessity as well.
- Backup and Restore – Restore images by creating a backup in original size or compressed size.
Total number of users – 1,000+
Price – Basic-$49/yearly (3 Site), FreeLancer-$99/yearly (100 Site), Ultimate-$149/yearly (Unlimited Site)
6. Lazy Loader
Lazy Loader provides a way to minimize the loading speed of images or videos while maximizing the speed of loading for other elements of the website. Make your website information to accessible faster than before images are available there. A complete WordPress Lazy Loading Plugin that enables your visitors to get access with faster loading of pages to enhance their experience. Create settings manually for which image you want to be in the category of lazy loading. You also modify the sizes of images on the site with a text area that presents in Lazy Loader.
Allows selecting images that have been uploaded before on custom post types, pages, posts, texts, widgets, and more. Lazy Loader avails you the facility to lessen the visibility speed of images, videos, thumbnails, iFrames, and audios. In the place of such media accessibility, just show the spinner as it may take time to load completely.
Total number of users – 10,000+
7. Woocommerce Load More Products
Load More Products allows the website’s owner to create lazy loading features for the betterment of the loading experience of pages for the audience. A well-integrated lazy loading plugin presented by WordPress assists the user experience and lets your visitors see the entire website within a few seconds of clicking. Highly responsive for every device either on mobile or desktop with easy to use interface. Just install the Load More Products extension and you are done with accessibility. By slowing the speed of image loading you can boost the loading pages experience.
Select manually any images, thumbnail, audios, videos, or any other media whichever you want to be loaded slowly. Resize the image as required, if it takes a lot of data to load and let your users have faster loading of pages experience than available on your site. You need not be an expert in the technical field to tackle the functionality of this extension.
It is an infinite scroll plugin for lazy loading single posts, comments, posts, Products, and pages with queries powered by Ajax. The shortcode builder provided by Ajax Load More helps to build complex custom WordPress queries and then the generated shortcode is added to the user’s page via the content editor or directly into the user’s template files.
Total number of users – 10,000+
Price – 1 Site-$34/yearly, 3 Site-$59/yearly, 5 Site-$79/yearly, 10 Site-$109/yearly
8. Speed Up Lazy Load
Speed Up Lazy Load is one the best lazy load plugin for WordPress and free plugin which replaces all the gravatar images, post images, post thumbnails, and content Iframe with a placeholder and as the visitors scroll down and the folded up content comes close to the browser window, it loads up. It is also built to work with text widgets.
This plugin can be used to lazy load Vimeo and YouTube videos, iframes, and images. It is the lightest and fastest among all other plugins as well as a fully customizable lazy load plugin in the WordPress plugin directory. It works by loading the Lazy Load XT Script and replacing the src attributes with data-src when the content of a page or post is loaded on the front end of the WordPress site.
Total number of users – 2,000+
9. Lazy Load for Videos
- The controls are hidden from YouTube players.
- Annotations like ‘Subscribe to channel’ are hidden and hence remove distractions.
- Videos in text widgets are supported.
- A choice can be made among several ‘Play’ buttons.
- Video titles can be displayed on preview images.
- Thumbnail size can be chosen.
- All videos can be converted into a playlist and any product teaser, corporate video, and another video advertisement can be added automatically to the video.
- Custom CSS can be added via the plugin’s options panel.
- It also works with WordPress multi-site.
Total number of users – 10,000+
10. WP YouTube Lyte
The webmaster’s videos can be lazy-loaded by inserting responsive “Lite YouTube Embeds” through WP YouTube Lyte. This normal-looking embedded YouTube actually calls the fat YouTube player when clicked on thereby rendering time substantially and reducing download size. when occasionally embedding YouTube and drastically improving page performance when there are multiple YouTube videos on the same page. Privacy and Performance can be both improved by configuring the plugin to cache YouTube thumbnails locally.
Since Lyte embedded YouTube Videos don’t require requests to the YouTube servers and hence allows better GDPR-compliance.The plugin takes over from WordPress core’s oEmbed and picks up on normal YouTube links. Also, an entire playlist or a YouTube link can be added with “httpv” instead of “https” or a Lyte widget can be added to the sidebar and that link is replaced by correct performance-optimized code by WP YouTube Lyte.
The primary goal of writing this plugin was optimal performance but it has also been found for maximum browser compatibility as well as accessibility. They are very responsive and automatically embed video object microdata as well. It is a multi-language with support for English, French, Hebrew, Dutch, Spanish and Romanian.
Total number of users – 30,000+
How to Enable Lazy load images and video In WordPress
You need to first install and activate BJ Lazy Load this plugin
Once your plugin gets activated you need to click on setting >>>>> Bj Lazy load Plugin setting
Now set the setting as given in Screenshot