[Solved] Installation Directory Is Not Empty Please Install To An Empty Location
In this Articles we will learn How we can fix Hostgator Installation Directory Is Not Empty Please Install To An Empty Location and destination folder already exist WordPress Error .
This error you may get while uninstalling your WordPress website . While uninstalling your WordPress website so many times you miss necessary things which need to be deleted . For reinstalling WordPress you might end up with problem like Installation Directory Is Not Empty Please Install To An Empty Location and destination folder already exist .
Before i start giving you tips to fix this installation failed error let me explain some basics of WordPress .
WordPress is a combination of 2 things
- File manager
Database – this stores all your WordPress data like post data , page data , comments etc (not advisable to play with this ). and database has 2 important things . Current user and Current database
File manager – This store all your media file, css and php files . All modification done via File Manager
Note- Create Backup of your cpanel Before you delete anything
So while installing you need to delete 3 important file
- Files of your domain from file manager
- Current database user
- current user
Steps require for fixing destination folder already exit
- Login to your cpanel and click on file manager
- Here you need to delete your website folder if you have only one domain in your cpanel then delete public_html . for multiple domain you need to delete Your exact folder which have your website name say example.com .
- Open Mysql database and phpmyadmin in new tab
How To Know Which Domain Belongs To Which Database In Phpmyadmin
- via phpmyadmin we need to know which database belongs to which domain . Here in the left side you will find your cpanel name with a small +icon just beside that click on that then 4-5 database name will come in drop down-menu which will be like cpanel_wrdp1 . click on anyone of them and then you will get drop down menu in your right side which will be having so many wp table like wp_comment , wp_options etc (you can even verify via wp-config.php) .
- Now click on wp_options
- you will get site url and site name
- which ever WordPress table gives you , your website name . You need to remember that database name
Now we have to delete our database . as like i have already told you we have 2 delete things inside MySQL database . Current database user and Current database
- Delete the current database which was connected to your domain (you can even verify via wp-config.php)
- Delete the current user which was connected to your domain (you can even verify via wp-config.php)
Now bingo you are ready to install WordPress inside your cpanel and no more Installation Directory Is Not Empty Please Install To An Empty Location and destination folder already exist\