10 Best Cookie Consent Plugins for WordPress 2021 – Gomahamaya
Are you looking for Best Cookie Consent Plugins for WordPress? Which will help you to add cookies consent Popup in your WordPress website. European Union’s cookie law ask all the website owner to get permission from visitor so that your website can set any cookies on their computer. ( European Union’s cookie law is valid for all Europeans country user or the website user who is targeting European people ) .
I am sure you would have already seen a popup for coming up in your browser and asking you to set consent to cookies. If you will accept it then it’s fine not at all problems you can access their website without any problem. But if you will decline that checkbox that you will be out of that website unless and until you cookie consent law.
What is the Cookie Consent Law?
Cookies consent law in simple Words means that where ever you visit any website. Their website cookies get stored on your computer. For storing any data on the computer you need to get permission from the visitor.
How does Cookies Works WordPress website?
When we talk about the WordPress website it has its own built-in cookies storage function. Which stores your session information, comment information, and nowadays these are storing your post data in the browser. As we know that cookies are a very important part of any website which can be sold to 3rd party advertisement company to get your interest and show your relevant ads.
So in this post, we will be learning on so many things
- Which is the Best Cookie Consent Plugin WordPress?
- How to cookie Consent Notification Popup in WordPress?
- GDPR Cookie Consent
- Cookie Notice & Compliance
- GDPR Cookie Compliance
- WP AutoTerms
- WordPress Real Cookie Banner
- EU Cookie Law
CookieYes cookie consent plugin is supported over ten plus CMS (content management system) like Worpress, Drupal, Magento, Blogger, Joomla, Squarespace, Wix, ImpressPages, and many others. Also, it blocks more than twenty similar websites i.e. third party cookies automatically like Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Hotjar, Youtube, etc.
For the aesthetic factor, it allows over ten plus different customization to the cookie banner. Support a toral 27 languages like Danish, Russian, etc which shows its efficiency in diversity. Customers rating of CookieYes is quite high depicting its user-friendly and handy features.
To get started with this plugin, the process is very simple:
- Signup for CookieYes.
- Get your cookie banner installation code.
- Copy the installation code to your website and get started.
- It allows you to select your cookie domain, name, and duration of its existence.
CookieYes controls over 1,000,000 websites to obey the GDPR and CCPA, e.g. Reuters, Hilton, Domino’s Pizza, Dekoria, CNBC and Deutsche Telekom.
Price – Basic-$100/yearly, Pro-$200/yearly, Ultimate-$400/yearly
Securiti, a global leader in PrivacyOps is a cookie consent plugin that allows any visitors to the particular website, the plugin is installed on, to give consent for their data and information to be stored and retrieved by the website admins.
To being with, you must get a free account by registering, entering a website URL to begin scanning, giving approval to the scanned results and later copying and pasting the script in the plugin.
The advanced features of this plugin include.
- Scanning websites for cookies at a fixed interval.
- Displaying various languages
- Auto-blocking of cookies
- Automatic updation of privacy policies.
- Reverse IP detection for global compliance
- Consent records and reporting
High-Performance Caches enables the various websites owners to provide swift and well-organized delivery of content to the users. This plugin is powered by an award-winning platform.
Total number of users – 90+
3. GDPR Cookie Consent
- It is WPML compatible.
- The cookie bar can be placed either in the header or the footer.
- Colours, style, and fonts can be customized.
- It is possible to permanently dismiss or access the cookie bar through a ‘show again’ tab.
- It has qTranslate support.
- The ‘show again’ tab can be fully customized as to where it has to be positioned.
Total number of user --1,000,000+
Price – Single Site-$69/yearly, 5 Site-$199/yearly, 25 Site-$399/yearly
Complianz is a plugin that supports CCPA DSGVO, GDPR, and PIPEDA guidelines. Configuration of cookie consent for a specific region or using one for the whole world is the best feature of this plugin. Customisable templates and custom CSS are all available. Proof of consent for the users under the GDPR guidelines proves security.
Automatically notices in case you need a cookie banner and scan for any change needed on every fixed time interval. Block all the third parties detected like Google, Recaptcha, Instagram, Activecampaign, Twitter, Maps, Facebook and many more. Also blocks iframes like Youtube, Dailymotion and Vimeo.
Here are some of its main highlights :
- To make your banner enticing you can make certain arrangements in its presentation by creating changes in its colour, text, position. It provides you with several themes to select from.
- It facilitates you with the option of previewing your banner in the backend after you are done making the changes.
- the banner is displayed only when the user has not given consent to the cookies.
Total number of users --200,000+
Price – Personal-$45/yearly (Single Domain), Pro-$165/yearly (Five Domain), Agency-$355/yearly (Unlimited Domain)
- There is an option to display the notification on only the first page.
- The dismissal method can be chosen among-click, scroll, or timed.
- The cookie duration can be set.
- It inherits the theme style wherever possible. It has the option to use an absolute or external URL to link for further information.
- The plugin provides an option to exclude selected posts and pages from displaying the notification.
- There are a host of customization options.
- Cookie Consent is quite responsive.
- It is also translation ready.
Total number of users --70,000+
Price – Personal-$29/yearly (1 Pro License), Business-$9/Monthly (5 License Slots),
6. Cookie Notice & Compliance
- Customizable cookie messages.
- It is completely GDPR compliant.
- Animate the message box after the cookie is accepted.
- It redirects users to the customized page for additional cookie information.
- It provides the option to accept cookies on a scroll.
- Select bottom Style from among None, WordPress, and Bootstrap.
- It is WPML and Polylang compatible that supports WordPress cookie plugin multilingual website.
- It is SEO friendly.
Total number of user --1,000,000+
7. GDPR Cookie Compliance
GDPR Cookie Compliance WordPress Plugin By Moove Agency. Everyone wants to keep their business safe, for which they would want to keep their information confidential and safe. And if you are looking for such a plugin, then this is the right one. With this plugin, you can avail of the offer of interacting with the help of a support service, in case of an issue. It helps you to keep a record of amalgamations of the pixel, Facebook, and so on.
Here are some of the main highlights of this plugin :
- You can do any kind of correction from the user’s data storage.
- It allows you to notify the admin if you need to pile up or assemble the requests for data access.
- You can get the permission of your users by directing them to your term and conditions section.
- if the user does not want their information to be stored, this plugin provides a helping hand by building a request form for the removal of the same.
- Moreover, for your EU users, you can either deny or present them with cookie popups.
Total number of users --100,000+
8. WP AutoTerms
- It gains acceptance on the second view and mouse scroll.
- Its URL and button texts are customizable.
- The content banners are customizable through HTML tags.
- It blocks third-party script on-page.
- It displays the banner on the front end.
- You can add custom scripts to not block the pages.
- It is multilanguage.
Total number of users --100,000+
9. WordPress Real Cookie Banner
WeePie is one of the Best Cookie Consent Plugins which have an automatic cookie blocker plugin for WordPress. It is EU GDPR proof. WeePie is an easy, flexible, and complete cookie law implementation plugin. hence it fully complies with the cookie law of any country. It allows the user to choose the way of cookie consent in the design of their website. Its features are:
- Easy configuration
- A lot of styling options such as colours, texts, sizes, shadows, etc.
- It clears cookies automatically.
- Multisite ready.
- The plugin has a responsive design.
- It is WPML multilingual translatable.
- You can add a cookie reset button to the WordPress website.
- It can show a placeholder at the place where the cookie content is blocked.
- Weepie supports WordPress cookie plugin multilingual
- Compatibility – GDPR, UK cookie law, EU cookie law, Italian cookie law, UK cookie law, Dutch cookie law, German cookie law
Total number of users – 20,000+
Price – Single-49Euro/yearly (1 Website), Starter-79Euro/yearly (3 Website), Professional-119Euro/yearly (5 Website), Agency-299Euro/yearly (25 Website)
10. EU Cookie Law
EU Cookie Law allows the website to comply with the European Cookie Law. It does this by informing the users that the site has cookies with a popup for more information and the option to lock scripts before they are accepted. This plugin is very elegant, light, and powerful. Its features are:
- The plugin enables you to customize the style to match the website.
- You can control the cookie behaviours before or after their acceptance.
- GDPR compatible.
- Contains shortcodes to revoke cookie consent and show a list of cookies.
- You can make consent by clicking scrolling or notification.
- It is compatible with a multilanguage plugin.
- The plugin is compatible with Disqus and Jetpack infinite scroll.
- EU Cookie Law is also compatible with mobile themes and plugins.
- You can set the cookie expiration date.
Total number of users --100,000+
How to cookie Consent Notification Popup in WordPress
You need to first install the CookieNotice WordPress Plugin By dFactory and activate it. (Note you can use any plugin for this purpose but we are using free and simple and Best Cookie Consent Plugins for WordPress which will benefit everyone )
After installing the plugin, click on the settings button.
Inside setting you can make a change to make to their setting part as shown in the screenshot Or you can also change the message shown in the configuration part and leave the rest of the content as default.
Thereafter, click on save the change and open your website from the front view and you will see your cookies consent notification popup at the footer of your website.
This is one of the most important content when you start a website. And mostly when you are from Europe. Nowadays almost every website use the GDPR Cookie consent notice. Whether they are core developers or a blogger.