8 Best Forum Plugins for WordPress 2022
Are you looking for Premium or Free Best forum plugins for WordPress? There are many kinds of forums you can build on your WordPress CMS such as a social forum where you make friends and do some discussion or you can create a Q&A forum. Were you can ask question answers from forum members and make some discussions.
Forums are the best way to engage your visitors and attract them to make some comments and motivate them to ask questions too. So many people are confused about whether they should use a Forum theme or Plugins. So in my suggestion, if you want to start a small forum for discussion then you should use plugins but if you want to have discussions on large scale you should use the theme. There are many forums already exiting the market like Reddit, Stack Overflow, or Yahoo question. You can also create a similar website by using the below-mentioned plugin. Even if you look into WordPress websites. WordPress website to have their discussion forum where you can ask questions related to WordPress.
So just to help you and decrease your effort we decided to write the list of Free Best forum plugins for WordPress. The best-selected ones:
Table Of Content
- wpForo Forum
- Asgaros Forum
- Sabai Discuss
- Discussion Board
- PeerBoard Forum and Community
- Website Toolbox Forum
1. wpForo Forum
wpForo is a free Best forum plugin for WordPress which is a full-fledged yet light and easy solution for WordPress websites extension that lets you create a descriptive discussion board. Such a discussion board connects different people to discuss different topics and more. An integrated solution for any WordPress site where you access essential plugins facilities like Ultimate Members and BuddyPress to tackle Membership and Profile builder functionality respectively. Hereby, you easily create a professional forum while utilizing responsive and pre-designed templates. wpForo takes only 5 minutes to install and configure then you are ready to design an efficient community however you like.
Essential Features –
- Allow users to create their profile and then let them select the category on which they want to discuss.
- Drag and drop accessibility that lets you navigate easily to configure and create.
- Available different social media buttons that the user will easily share in one click.
- Let your members get ratings and badges on their answers given to the asked questions.
- The built-in forum User group system is very powerful. It is integrated with BuddyPress. With the Go2wpForo tool, migration becomes very easy.
- The topic and post can also be moderated from the front end. The forum styles have different colours.
- There is a drag and drop forum management system in the wpForo plugin.
Total number of users – 30,000+
2. Asgaros Forum
Asgaros Forum is intuitively designed to create a discussion board on your WordPress Site to minimize the doubts of your customers. If the users want to extend their website with a lightweight and feature-rich discussion board, then the Asgaros Forum plugin is the perfect solution. It perfectly integrates into WordPress and is super fast and easy to set up. It has a simple structure and content can be managed easily. It has a powerful editor and notifications are sent. Such a robust yet simple integration where you easily access forum functionality in minutes. Insert a shortcode anywhere to add the forum wherever you like to display. Let them upload any answer, search for any question-and-answer responses, and message to other available members.
Essential Features –
- Manage the topic and post efficiently that comes from wider audiences.
- A statistic page is available that lets you keep an eye on the performance of the forum.
- Admin tools let you search for available users and ban irrelevant ones.
- Accept guest postings or either turn this off when required.
- Supports multiple files to upload in the post. To add the forum, just a shortcode needs to be added to the page.
- Compatible to multiple sites and mobile-ready themes that anyone can easily initiate the conversation with their mobile device.
- Enable users to be a member of your forum while creating profiles thereon.
- Profiles are created by the user and then they are added to the member’s list. Uploads, messaging and searches can also be done by the user. It is compatible with Multisite.
Total number of users – 20,000+
bbPress is an elegant WordPress forum plugin that comes with a lot of customizing options. Such a free extension that provides you with time-to-time updates. Hereby, you can create forums as you require to match the standard of your website. Let you create extensive front-end however you want to display. An intuitively integrated responsive discussion board where users share their views by their personal experience. Allow users to signup thereon and create a profile to participate in the discussion. Notify them with email while their question and answer get responses to quick reply.
Essential Features –
- Provide visual editor, insert keyboard shortcut and adjust colours with the assistance of customizing tools.
- A bundle of templates is available to enhance the look and feel of the forum.
- Availability of responsive and modern themes that won’t affect the speed of the website.
- Support of Akismet eliminates spam by detecting users activity on the forums.
- This plugin helps to manage forums, topics, and posts right from the dashboard. The front end has a slight build and an unbloated interface.
- bbPress is focused on ease of use, ease of integration, web standards, and speed.
Total number of users – 200,000+
BuddyPress is a well-integrated extension for establishing a robust social network. Through WordPress extensive plugin system, it has amazing add-on features. Buddypress has been typically aimed at developers and site builders. Such an easy-to-use interface let you create a variety of discussion centre for various niches. No matter what your WordPress site is concerned, add a discussion board according to your necessity. The company, sports teams, schools, institutions, and more enable them to create social connections by building an extensive platform with BuddyPress extension. Assist well the developer and any site builder to create a community with compatible theme API. Let you customize styling to enhance its appearance.
Elementary Features –
- Let users create profiles, join groups, chat individually, and much more.
- Supports multiple sites and manages it all from a single dashboard.
- Compatible with existing themes and plugins.
- Allow users or members to favourite any post and topic as well, comments, delete mentions, send friends requests, and more.
- Admins and users both get notified while anyone interacts. An admin may send messages to the whole community.
- BuddyPress is a modern, robust and sophisticated social network software.
- This plugin helps to convert WordPress into a social network including forums.
Total number of users – 200,000+
5. Sabai Discuss
Sabai Discuss is a feature-enriched extension for accessing forums for streaming discussion where you may connect audience widely. With the help of the Sabai Discuss WordPress plugin, you can easily create a question and answer forum which will be almost similar to Yahoo Answer and Stack overflow. Let you create an extinguishing forum and establish an effective question and answer tool. Provide a variety of layouts that let you turn your website as similar to Quora and Reddit. Allow readers to vote answers up or down and display answers accordingly to users. The SEO-friendly interface lets your question and answers available on the different search engines that significantly builds your site a more engaging one. Restrict users while it tracks any faulty behaviour by blocking them forever.
Integrated Features –
- Available widgets and shortcodes that let you design forums front-end so well.
- Insert a search bar that enables users to get the topic easily with a smart suggestion.
- Consisting of pre-written emails for users that are automatically sent to them for notifying whenever necessary.
- This plugin also helps to build a discussion forum, knowledge base, and helpdesk portal for WordPress.
- It has a fully flat and responsive design. questions and answers can be searched by category and keyword along with a user-friendly, autosuggestion feature.
- Questions and answers can also be filtered by custom fields. Search and filter forms can be built by a visual form editor.
Price – Regular License – $24/annually (1 Site)
6. Discussion Board
The Discussion Board plugin helps to easily add a forum to the website. It can be installed with just a single click. Registration and login can be done by the user from the front-end via a simple form, users can post new topics. These modern forums can be placed anywhere on the website. It can be set as to who all can view the forum and who all can post on it.
The required roles for the users can be specified to post new topics or view topics. Possible spamming is reduced by applying restrictions over registrations and limiting the frequency that the users can repost. Colours can be updated through Customizer. The plugin works with any theme.
Total number of users – 2,000+
7. PeerBoard Forum and Community
To build a complete Question and Answer system for WordPress sites like Stackoverflow and Quora, DW Question and Answer forum can be used. Shortcodes, multi-languages, reCaptcha, and email notification systems are supported by this plugin. The voting system which comes with this plugin helps the best answers to rise to the top and the trolls and people with questionable answers go to the bottom. It is GDPR ready. The questions can be submitted, filtered, ordered, or deleted. Using keywords, there can be instant searches. The questions and answers can be made private or public. There are sticky questions as well.
It also has add-on features that are great which can be used through WordPress extensive features. It does not have a lot of bloats. This bbpress plugin has a basic customization tool for making keyboard shortcodes, enabling visual editors for users while writing, and adjusting colours too. It is considered the best WordPress forum plugin. It has a responsive and modern forum layout and styles. It has a multi-layout forum design. It has built-in forum SEO functions and cache systems. It has been built for both small and extremely large forums/communities. It integrates easily with bbPress since both the plugins have come from the same development teams. Using this plugin, users can make profiles, join groups and send private messages. Friendship requests can be sent and special groups for schools, companies, and sports groups can be made.
Total number of users – 100+
8. Website Toolbox Forum
Website Toolbox forum plugin for WordPress helps to convert the WordPress site into a social network. It has profiles, friends, activity wall, unlimited forum, email alerts, etc. which makes it suitable for clubs, schools, companies, gaming sites, dating sites, etc.
It is completely compatible with all WordPress themes and plugins. With the help of shortcodes, just anything can be changed and the social network pages can be styled as wanted. It is compatible with Multisite. Any many more features can be added through extensions. Question and answers can be posted from the frontend and comments can also be left. Questions can be tagged by auto-suggest.
Total number of users – 200+
Conclusion – Still confused about which is the Best forum plugins for WordPress. Don’t worry I will make your choice more simple and easy. The Discussion Board Is suitable for all kinds of forums like question and answers forums or discussion forums you can check the documentation of the Plugin You can even try the free version of it here.