What is Email CTR And How to Improve It For Best Result
Before We discuss what is email CTR And how we can improve Click Through Rate lets have some basic discuss . Email Marketing holds an edge over other market strategies as it reaches the customer’s inbox directly. But at the same time We should know whether the email is getting or not .
Even if the email click through rate are indicating an ascending trend, one often meets the challenge of maintaining its upward graph. Before we discuss the factors that affect the Email click rates, lets probe into few definitions , formula and the statistics.
What is Email Click-Through Rate ?
Email click through rate is the ratio of email click with respected to the total number of email delivered . There are many factor which affect the Email Click-Through Rate Like title , design , content , time of delivery etc etc
Email CTR Formula = (No. of clicks/No. of delivered emails) X 100
How to improve Email Click-Through Rate are as follows
If the recipient has either enabled the images in the email and/or clicked a link in the email. The latter is also termed as Click Through Rate (CTR) and about 70% of the marketers track the success of email marketing through CTR. Since CTR is a vital measuring tool for any marketing campaign, we should discuss on how to improve the email CTR value are as follows .
1. Pertinent Content – The content is the soul of any email campaign. A relevant content ensures a healthy response from the reader and hence triggers the CTR. Hence,the content must be appealing to the customers.
2. Impact Relevance – Even if the subject line is appropriate and content is strong, it misses the recipient’s click. This is because the email campaign lacks segmentation. It is quite essential to segment the reader’s list as per the interest.Especially with the new EU privacy General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect in May 2018. GDPR will have a fair impact on marketing and change the communication strategy between the marketing representatives and customers.
3. Personalization – A tailor-made email such as one with the name of the reader in the subject line has more chances of a click than a generalized one because it gives the feeling of being personal and targeted.
4. Shooting more emails – More number of emails per month ensures a direct relation with the CTR. An increased frequency of email can be easily achieved by incorporating a sharing icon in the email. This ensures that more prospects get access to the email and hence positively impact the CTR in future.
5. Device friendly designs – Since most of the emails are accessed through mobiles, utmost care must be taken to provide user friendly emails that can be opened in any device without any hassle.
6. Incorporating links to the email – Presence of relevant links in the email helps the users to access vital information at one touch and hence increases the chances of click through the website.
7. Unblock images – If the images in the email are not blocked , it can attract a better click through because the images are explanatory and gives the reader a better insight.
There are few other factors that affect the CTR like the time of the day the email is sent out, positioning of the links and even the length of the email.
Now we should know How much ctr for email campaigns is good ?
If the CTR is around 2% tehen it is considered as average. But anything between 3-5% is considered fairly good as per the metrics.
Now i hope you got these real fact and brief idea about Email CTR . What do you think about it let me know i comment section